The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

tipp-ex

Re: The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:18 pm

Confusion down there already with stewards not knowing whats going on re moving around the stadium
leesider

Postby leesider » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Does anyone know the password for the WiFi?Or the name of the network even?
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:50 pm

What was the attendance tonight,?
leesider

Postby leesider » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Spongebob wrote:What was the attendance tonight,?

Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 pm

tipp-ex wrote:Confusion down there already with stewards not knowing whats going on re moving around the stadium

Did you say 'confuson' "tipp"? I'm a long time in this world and seen many strange and wonderful happenings, but this evening beats anything imaginable for utter stupidity by people charged with running an event.
The ticket van was half a mile away for those of us entering from the Ballintemple end and the young lad in the van asked where we wanted to go.
I said everywhere as promised by the Stadium Manager Bob Ryan on the Examiner. Can't do that sir, he says. You must pick upper or lower deck.
Gimme the ticket says I and I'll give you a tenner. Job done, or so I thought.
Long walk back to entrance gate and climb omteen flights of stairs all the way up to heaven where a man on the field below looks like a leprauchán.
Dis is no good says I to myself and I make my way out to where I thought I'd find a stairs to the bottom level.
No signage and no luck either along with many more clue less patrons. Eventually an equally clueless steward tells us all that we must go back out and come in again. I could write a book about the next half hour but suffice it to say that three or four stewards and one plump health and safety madam had red ears from a now angry bunch of GAA patrons.
Close to 7.30 we manage to get seated in the lower level where in glaring sunlight against a background of grey seats at both ends and also the stand across it was practically impossible to see the white little sliotar as the men from Innishannon and Blarney battled it out.
Couldn't wait for half time and ran to the Morris Minor.
I dread to imagine the mayhem that will hit that 80 million euro stadium on Saturday and Sunday when thousands of Tipp, Clare, Wexford and Waterford fans descend on it. Pathetic effort Mr Ryan, but not surprising.
Turenne

Postby Turenne » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:57 am

Sounds very much like a decent effort by GAA standards but thirty years behind what you get in the US and Europe. New Casement Park already looks far superior.

Anyway big thing is how quickly they start making a profit and pumping it back into underage and grassroots. They need to be chasing down every concert, rugby, and non-GAA opportunity they can and cash out.
Turenne

Postby Turenne » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:17 am

Have they managed to alleviate the parking situation in any meaningful way at least?
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:16 am

Turenne wrote:Have they managed to alleviate the parking situation in any meaningful way at least?

No. Arrived there from the south ring about 6pm and the Blackrock end of Beaumont Ave was the best we could do. €3 for a programme and hundreds of people wandering and wondering how to access the lower level. I know last night was a testing time but holy mother of St Jude when you have stewards in yellow coats not knowing the layout ................stop the lights.
They did get one thing right though, but when the rugger buggers arrive with full bladders they better get to know the difference between 'Isteach' and 'Amach' . Even Paddy will cause major traffic jams when the bladder is empty as there is no signage inside this smelly room telling him where to 'Amach' and even last night Paddy was going 'amach' the same door as he 'isteach...ed'.

How Lane can say they were happy with 'everything' last night is another fine example of kicking the can. Obviously neither he nor any of his cohorts spoke to the unfortunate people blocked from entering the seated area last night. Being the first night is no excuse for the crazy stuff that went on last night and I won't even talk about the way wheelchair and other incapacitated people were treated.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 am

You do know that these stewards did a stewarding course!

More importantly, what's the WiFi signal like that the CCB have triumphed to much fanfare like they actually invented it?
Where's the old TV from the Beamish room now situated? Is it in the museum?
Who won the match? Did the pitch cut up?
How's the "centre of excellence" looking?
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:51 am

Fine stadium, class job.

Staff, stewards, etc. hadn't a notion and you couldn't access all parts of the stadium with ease (as promised) but an enjoyable experience nonetheless.

The all weather pitch and that general side of the stadium is aesthetically very pleasing.

The upper tier is pretty windy without any protection for either side, but nothing to get worked up over.

Loads of space, everywhere.

Tipp-ex... Valley Rovers won comfortably, 1-21 to 1-08 and superior all the way through.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”