The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Dorcha

Re: The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Postby Dorcha » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:18 pm

A few quotes from Perter McKenna

“I think if it wasn’t an aligned set-up, you’d be talking about a receivership or something like that.”

“That (surface) will have to be replaced. The surface is very unstable, as you may have seen earlier in the year, so we’ll have to some fairly aggressive remedial work there.”

“The vision is we need to make the stadium the signature place in Cork – for conferences, exams, weddings, everything. The big difference in Cork for me is that Pairc Ui Chaoimh is a place everyone talks about and wants to know about, far more than Croke park in Dublin. The latter is a big part of Dublin but it doesn’t dominate the city the way Pairc Ui Chaoimh dominates Cork.”

“Cork chair, Tracey Kennedy has been very supportive of us and early on she saw change needed to happen, that there was a downward spiral. She was instrumental in making this happen.”

Comparing Croke Park: “We report every year to the Congress on how it’s run, questions can be asked – we field questions on where the beef comes from, the use of the stadium is governed by the Central Council and so on. It’s a positive set-up and we pay a dividend every year – but it wasn’t always like that. The first year of operations Croke Park lost €2m, the bars lost €80, ooo, it was a basket case.”

“We’re like the guys in the theatre who put up the sets and draw the curtains, but we’re not the actors. How the hurlers and footballers perform, that’s what’s important and that’s what will lift Cork.”
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:31 am

Ranty wrote:
tipp-ex wrote:Taken from elsewhere.

CCB appointed a steering group of five personnel who were Frank Murphy, Bob Ryan, Ger Lane, Christy Cooney and Pearse Murphy. Part of their role was to direct the project and to advise and liaise with the design team on all matters.

These 5 have serious questions to answer

Yerra Tipp, Peter McKenna isn't too worried about the debt and it's resting on his shoulders now.
The biggest question to answer is the location of the stadium and the difficulty of road and pedestrian access.
McKenna's tea-bag explanation for the state of the pitch is laughable. One one imagine that those charged with the
development could and should have anticipated the compaction caused by cranes and heavy machinery running up and down
the sides and acted accordingly.
Of course McKenna is well paid to feed this stuff to the unwashed and at the end of the day he knows full well that eventually
this cock up will be forgotten if and when Cork win the next All Ireland.

I for one won't forget. Where is our chairperson in all of this?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Tracy talking shit at convention, say one thing but say absolutely fuck all in a roundabout square the circle kinda way. Whatever.
Same old. Tracy has bigger things in mind
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:33 pm

tipp-ex wrote:https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/martin-breheny-corks-vanity-project-now-a-serious-embarrassment-37639902.html

I wouldn't be Breheny's biggest fan but he points the finger at Tracey or Frank or whoever in Cork GAA allowed/contrived
to allow this debacle. Economic madness is a good description by Mr Breheny when summing up this tale of woe, and he didn't bother
with all the other failings that CCB have masterminded in the recent past.
It's hard to credit how any group of adults, even on a voluntary basis, could spend all these millions on steel and concrete, and totally
neglect the stage where the main event takes place.
I also find it hard to digest the fact that a room full of club delegates sat peacefully through that shambolic convention last Saturday
and failed to question the top table about the disparity of millions between their Chair and Croke Park.
Let's hope Michael O Flynn and Tom Gray will dig deep and do what Michael Burke in Galway has done.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Ranty wrote:
tipp-ex wrote:https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/martin-breheny-corks-vanity-project-now-a-serious-embarrassment-37639902.html

I wouldn't be Breheny's biggest fan but he points the finger at Tracey or Frank or whoever in Cork GAA allowed/contrived
to allow this debacle. Economic madness is a good description by Mr Breheny when summing up this tale of woe, and he didn't bother
with all the other failings that CCB have masterminded in the recent past.
It's hard to credit how any group of adults, even on a voluntary basis, could spend all these millions on steel and concrete, and totally
neglect the stage where the main event takes place.
I also find it hard to digest the fact that a room full of club delegates sat peacefully through that shambolic convention last Saturday
and failed to question the top table about the disparity of millions between their Chair and Croke Park.
Let's hope Michael O Flynn and Tom Gray will dig deep and do what Michael Burke in Galway has done.

One delegate (John O'Flynn) questioned all this shambles with the stadium and figures and lies etc and not one single club or delegate supported him. There were more important things to move onto like licking Franks arse.
It makes you wonder what the point of them is. Weaklings
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:39 pm

I believe some clubs are having meetings, with the possibility of tabling a vote of no confidence in the Chairperson.
As far I'm concerned, she's completely out of her league and being made a proper f.ing egit by Prionsios and his fan club.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:34 am

jbm1 wrote:I believe some clubs are having meetings, with the possibility of tabling a vote of no confidence in the Chairperson.
As far I'm concerned, she's completely out of her league and being made a proper f.ing egit by Prionsios and his fan club.

I'll believe it when I see it. Clubs having meetings only now? What was wrong with 10 years ago?
Bullshit
leesider

Postby leesider » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Are we really that surprised by this though? We all predicted that the CCB would make a balls of this project and of course that is exactly what has happened.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:47 pm

Why would they try to get a vote of no confidence in Tracey Kennedy? Frank was there for over forty years; where was their courage all that time? After the last strike they had the chance to hold the county board to account. Their soft target that time was Gerald McCarthy. Is it going to be Tracey Kennedy now?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”