The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

tipp-ex

Re: The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:47 pm

leesider wrote:Are we really that surprised by this though? We all predicted that the CCB would make a balls of this project and of course that is exactly what has happened.

Are clubs really meeting? Ya right
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:57 am

My reports suggest they are Tip..Horse and bolted obviously come to mind, but accountability has to be sought also, and (hopefully) Frank's legacy
will be the shambolic state of affairs he's left our county in. Small crumbs I know, but may it never happen again
Lets move on a hope that as Kieran Shannon wrote recently a complete culture change is required and hopefully the new secretary can
commence that change and we can dream again of where Cork should be...At the top!!
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:28 pm

WE WILL ALL PAY THE PRICE FOR CORK'S TAJ MAHAL,

That's just Colm O Rourke's heading and it's hard to argue with his assessment in today's S'Indo.
His final paragraph is worth quoting.

" Instead of looking after their biggest resource- young players-Cork ploughed on in a sea of self-delusion.
It is unfortunate that now they are left with a ground they cannot fill, in a place people find it hard to get to,
with a surface that is not up to scratch. It is doubly unfortunate that everyone else has to pay for it and the
waiting time for smaller projects in many county and club grounds will get longer.
And of course nobody is to blame. This is a disgrace of massive proportions"

In the body of his article he asks the questions we all ask " Who was in charge of the oversight? Were the original figures
totted up on the back of a cigarette box? Who authorised such spending? and finally
Why has nobody been held to account?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Ranty wrote:WE WILL ALL PAY THE PRICE FOR CORK'S TAJ MAHAL,

That's just Colm O Rourke's heading and it's hard to argue with his assessment in today's S'Indo.

" Instead of looking after their biggest resource- young players-Cork ploughed on in a sea of self-delusion.
It is unfortunate that now they are left with a ground they cannot fill, in a place people find it hard to get to,
with a surface that is not up to scratch. It is doubly unfortunate that everyone else has to pay for it and the
waiting time for smaller projects in many county and club grounds will get longer.

In the body of his article he asks the questions we all ask " Who was in charge of the oversight? Were the original figures
totted up on the back of a cigarette box? Who authorised such spending? and finally

Cause its the Cork County Board, simple as that
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:48 pm

I rarely buy the Sindo but as luck would have it I did today. O'Rourke's article was spot on. I read it a few times and couldn't disagree with any of it.
leesider

Postby leesider » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:27 pm

I agree with what he is saying but you have to bear in mind that Colm O' Rourke has a massive grudge against Cork because of the Cork/Meath rivalry in the late 80's, early 90's. He never misses an opportunity to stick the boot into us (he had a pop at us about the Liam Miller tribute match too). In this article he says that clubs through the country will now be turned down for grants because Croke Park have to bale us out over the PUC fiasco but he has stayed silent on Dublin receiving ten times the amount of games development funding of any other county over the last how many years.
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:07 pm

Dead right about the Dublin hypocrisy, leesider. Whether we think he's right or wrong here he needs to be held to account for his, shall we say, inconsistencies.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Unless my old noggin is gone completely, I seem to remember Colm consistently ripping Dublin's special status
and bemoaning their dominance in Leinster.
That bitterness after 88/90 was resolved a long time ago after John Kerins' funeral which most of the Meath team
attended.
I find his articles refreshing and accurate but sure that could be because I agree with all he says and we might both
be wrong. :lol:
Happy Christmas boys and girls.
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Ranty wrote:Unless my old noggin is gone completely, I seem to remember Colm consistently ripping Dublin's special status
and bemoaning their dominance in Leinster.
That bitterness after 88/90 was resolved a long time ago after John Kerins' funeral which most of the Meath team
attended.
I find his articles refreshing and accurate but sure that could be because I agree with all he says and we might both
be wrong. :lol:
Happy Christmas boys and girls.

Ranty, my man, I'm an infrequent reader of the Sindo and an infrequent watcher of the RTE pundits. I bow to your knowledge.
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:19 am

I'm not going to go over the arguments of Dublin GAA and monies received, however, they certainly made a much better job
than the f.ing egits we had in charge of our €30 million.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”