The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Bams

Re: The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Postby Bams » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:50 pm

Will the home games for the Munster Championship still be played in PUiC? Remedial works prior to new pitch being laid?
leesider

Postby leesider » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:03 am

Yeah that is the thing that is causing the most concern from that interview. He has basically said a levy on clubs cannot be ruled out. They won't get away with it. No Cork club will agree to it, no way.
breweryboy

Postby breweryboy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:31 pm

my first time listening to Kevin O'Donovan. I gotta say I find it very encouraging - very honest, direct and pragmatic. Changing the way the County Board is run will take a fair bit of time but I think he can do it. For anyone who has not heard the full interview with Marty, it's on the following link:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0221/ ... -odonovan/
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:09 pm

breweryboy wrote:my first time listening to Kevin O'Donovan. I gotta say I find it very encouraging - very honest, direct and pragmatic. Changing the way the County Board is run will take a fair bit of time but I think he can do it. For anyone who has not heard the full interview with Marty, it's on the following link:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0221/ ... -odonovan/

Thanks 'brewery'. After listening to that it's clear that Cork GAA is in now in safe hands. It will probably take a few years
to get things up to speed but our new captain is seriously impressive.
breweryboy

Postby breweryboy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:23 pm

I was hugely impressed too Ranty, I have to say. Speaking to a few folk recently and they weren't complimentary about him, but I think they had agendas of their own and axes to grind with him from previous dealings. He can't do it on his own, so will need strong people around him. But I have to say, I found that interview to be really positive.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:54 pm

I just listened to it. Very, very impressive indeed. We've hit the jackpot at last.
leesider

Postby leesider » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:11 pm

I hate to go against the grain here lads but I think he is a bulshitter. Frank Mark II.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:52 pm

leesider wrote:I hate to go against the grain here lads but I think he is a bulshitter. Frank Mark II.

You are wrong 'leesider',..........just this once.....I'm looking for the thumbs down smiley thinking I was on the phone.... :lol:
greatbleddyman

Postby greatbleddyman » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:51 am

The man talks sense in fairness. We've had more information come from the board in the last 2 months than the previous 2 decades. Hope he's factored the cost of a glass ceiling being installed in bunker.

I love his attitude that cork GAA isn't the 2 senior intercounty teams that it's under 7s and Junior B teams just as much.

I'd love to see what he could have done without the millstone of the park around his neck.

I love his positive attitude to football which won't win him friends either

I have spoken to plenty fellas who have no time for him, but if you are someone who has strong opinions and carries them through you will upset people. There are a lot of people who have had vested interests in the v status quo for a long time who might find themselves in the cold.

Time will tell of course but I am optimistic.

One thing Kevin, next interview you do don't don't be sitting on a throne
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:03 pm

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic ... 60129.html

At this stage im beginning to wonder if there actually something wrong with Mr Ryan. Unreal the shit he talks, he must think people are stupid

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”