Cork U21 hurlers 2017

Podsy

Re: Cork U21 hurlers 2017

Postby Podsy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:58 pm

cahirofcork wrote:
Podsy wrote:We were second best tonight by a distance to be fair.

We were Podsy but by Jesus, the ref made sure we stayed that way too......

I wonder what the free count was? I'd have to watch it again to see how many of the frees were good calls or bad. I wouldn't call it on one viewing.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Out-muscled on the whole. Limerick got a hell of a lot of soft frees from McGann. He even gave Tim O'Mahoney a yellow card for nothing. The foul was by Kingston. The fact of the matter was he was giving Limerick frees for nothing more than bumps when Cork players could be mauled without getting anything. Stupid of Dalton to give away the first half free by retaliating.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Podsy wrote:
cahirofcork wrote:
Podsy wrote:We were second best tonight by a distance to be fair.

We were Podsy but by Jesus, the ref made sure we stayed that way too......

I wonder what the free count was? I'd have to watch it again to see how many of the frees were good calls or bad. I wouldn't call it on one viewing.

My bother watches those sort of things and he makes the free count Cork 5, Limerick 18.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Extremely frustrating. An opportunity missed, it's not often we get to an u21 final. Poor match. Limerick no great shakes themselves. Can't fault the Cork players or management.
Limerick were better full stop but we hung in there. But that ref totally disrupted our momentum at the end. Who the fuck was he? I hope we never get him again
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:06 pm

We were, of course, short Hennessey, Mead and Fitzgibbon who, alone, would have made a huge difference.
cahirofcork

Postby cahirofcork » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:07 pm

Spongebob wrote:Miles off the pace tonight. Refs had no bearing on it. Limerick were much better. They are a very good side so no shame in it. Senior, minor and under 17 is not bad.

Thought Limerick were nothing out of the ordinary, our full forward line made it easy for them, bar the goal we had no threat at all there. I don't know how you can say the ref had no bearing on it, as soon as a Limerick forward hit the ground he was blowing straight away. How many times were Cork players getting their jersey pulled and getting nothing for it? He booked Coleman for a late hit and he had nothing at all to do with the incident.
donal66

Postby donal66 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:14 pm

home town ref
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:18 pm

I watch the game on TV and had the benefit of replays. The Limerick frees may look soft but in each case Cork players were pulling back their opponents. Sean O'Donoghue and Dalton did nothing but foul.

For our last side line ball, a Cork player clearly catches their player around the neck and he ignores it.

I did not see any bias. People can choose to see what they want though.

Limerick are a fine side. They hammered Tipp and Clare and a few of them like the Lynches, Barry Nash and Tom Morrissey have a lot of experience at this grade. If they are 'no great shakes', then who are the great shakers this year?

We have a fine side too of course. They put in a fine effort but were beaten by a better team.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Spongebob wrote:I watch the game on TV and had the benefit of replays. The Limerick frees may look soft but in each case Cork players were pulling back their opponents. Sean O'Donoghue and Dalton did nothing but foul.

For our last side line ball, a Cork player clearly catches their player around the neck and he ignores it.

I did not see any bias. People can choose to see what they want though.

Limerick are a fine side. They hammered Tipp and Clare and a few of them like the Lynches, Barry Nash and Tom Morrissey have a lot of experience at this grade. If they are 'no great shakes', then who are the great shakers this year?

We have a fine side too of course. They put in a fine effort but were beaten by a better team.

I simply cannot agree with the ref thing here SB. He was brutal. Any 50/50 went to Limerick. I rarely give out about refs but tonight I was left feeling totally frustrated. What's more, I said before the end he'll make a few more stupid decisions and I was proved right. He did fuck all for us and while Limerick were better, the better team doesn't always win the match. Total frustration
donal66

Postby donal66 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:28 pm

Frees 18 / 5 in Limerick favour, no bias .......... FFS

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”