The next Cork football manager

producer ben

The next Cork football manager

Postby producer ben » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Who do people want, who do people expect to get the job?

There's a couple of names put out there already, Tomas O'Se put out Steven O'Brien and Billy. I can't see Billy getting the gig given his history with the current runai but the fact that O'Sé mentioned O'Brien suggests to me the that Steven wants the job.

Other names mentioned included Ronan McCarthy, John Cleary will be in the reckoning but unless a lot has changed in two years then he probably won't go for it.

O'Sé made a very valid point last night in saying that the CCB need the Cork footballers doing well and making a Super 8 next year with the stadium debt.
tipp-ex

Re: The next Cork football manager

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:12 pm

Here's one for ya from left field. Will they consider Paul McCarthy, junior football manager?
donal66

Postby donal66 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:32 pm

no
westcorkrebel

Postby westcorkrebel » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:49 pm

john cleary for me
stfrancis

Postby stfrancis » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:11 pm

John cleary first and with a string nemo presence either Billy or O'Brien as selectors. Not a nemo man but they are our premier football club and unlike healy's selectors who seemed to offer very little the most important thing is for the man in question to have the strongest possible support. As a start as long as the current s_&c coach is good they should retain him, the last this team needs is a sixth s&c coach in 6 years which has been farcical and can be seen in games
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:46 pm

I think its time to go outside the county.

John Cleary, Steven O'Brien, Ronan McCarthy, Ephie Fitz etc...all have some credibility but have they enough to be the real gamechanger & inspiration to bring about the change so drastically needed? Cork really needs new & strong leadership at the helm to implement organisation and build a solid foundation for the long road back. Someone/something new & different.

Here's another one from left field - Liam Kearns.

He has improved every team he has been involved with, built well functioning units especially with Limerick & Tipp. His teams always well organised & tough to beat. No baggage with CCB or clubs, a fresh & impartial voice. Has solid pedigree at intercounty level Would like to think he could do even more with the better natural playing resources we like to believe we have in Cork. Possibly backed up by some combo of aforementioned.

I know he's a Kerryman, albeit an estranged one. But we had an even stranger one this year in Sheehan. Not sure if he would want it or if he's available but I thought there were rumblings after Tipp's exit that he would be reviewing his position.

Won't happen of course but I think he would be a good shout.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:08 pm

We can debate all we want but it'll come down to what the top brass want. They'll want inside the county despite what Lane says (he's now turned into a billshitter)
I'd like to see James Horan but we are now in the road to roughly the following:

Next CCB meeting: Lane expresses his disappointment at the exit to Mayo and with a bit of luck we could have won. Not 1 delegate will say anything. We'll look at setting up a committee to appoint the next manager blaa blaa

September: We've appointed a committee to appoint the next senior manager. ( Delegates will be happy) Lane will say it's a "priority" and we're working hard to get the right man in place.
October - A county board agreeable man will be appointed
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:52 pm

If John Cleary wants it he should get it this time but maybe its not for him this time ..he won 2 All-Ireland u21s so it should be his if he wants it...i still feel that Ronan McCarthy will get it and i hope Conor McCarthy will stay on with the new man.
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Hard to see Ronan McCarthy taking it, I would think, as he was vetoed by the players last time out.
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:27 pm

Not a great reference so i guess :)

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”