Jacky Tyrell

donal66

Jacky Tyrell

Postby donal66 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:41 pm

what a sad little man
leesider

Re: Jacky Tyrell

Postby leesider » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:56 pm

I actually quite enjoy him on the Sunday Game, he is always fairly unbiased and objective about Cork. His "revelations" in his book about the infamous league game in Nowlan park are not really revelations at all. It's already been well reported that KK were out for our blood before that game.
Sure Cork would be the same if the roles were reversed.
He has had a cut off Tipperary in the book too. A bit of controversy to help sell the book. No big deal.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Any links to what he's saying?
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:39 am

Echo last night Tip
DowchaBhoy!

Postby DowchaBhoy! » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:05 am

Seems like a v honest genuine book about what really happens in KK. No BS like Shefflin's horse manure. Cody's absolute hatred of Cork hurling rings through. I for one will be buying it.
langerinexile

Postby langerinexile » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 pm

DowchaBhoy! wrote:Seems like a v honest genuine book about what really happens in KK. No BS like Shefflin's horse manure. Cody's absolute hatred of Cork hurling rings through. I for one will be buying it.

I agree it seems genuine, I too am going to give it a read. I can't imagine Cody is too happy about this book. We all know they don't like us or Tipp (it's not like any of us hold any love for them either) but it's another to put it out there in public for all to see and confirm what we already more or less knew. In Donal Óg's book he states that he knew that's what Kilkenny were at that day in 2009 in the league, Shefflin denied it since, personally I believe Tyrell's version simply because it's more credible.

Would I expect given the circumstances Cork to do the same? Yes, absolutely without a shadow of a doubt. I just hope every member of the current Cork hurling squad reads it and remembers it and I just pray I am there, if Cork some day, get the opportunity to do the same to them. Who wouldn't?
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:03 pm

looking forward to reading it. I like him as a pundit. Honest, so therefore educational.

Shefflin is definitely one of the Stepford Wives types. Tyrell may be saved yet!

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”