"Yerra" watch

Ranty

Re: "Yerra" watch

Postby Ranty » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Lurker wrote:Are we that obsessed with them that we need to dedicate an thread exclusively to their on-goings? Ffs worry about ourselves, they'd get a great kick out of seeing this, and they'd be right. Embarrassing stuff.

You won't find any 'Let's obsess over Cork' threads over on their forum, and if there is I doubt they ever got off the ground.

Yerra Lurker, 'tis aisy to embarrass you.
I know in my case, for obsess read 'sick', meaning our once beloved Xaminer is now feeding us with a constant flow of Kerry scutter.
If it isn't Staaaar tis Goooch, or Thomaaaaas, or Mark. Leen is close to exhuming Paddy Bawn or maby the Landers brothers in
case we haven't enough of the current crop of super stars.
Couldn't shove it up the hoors half enough during the winter months anyway. They usually get their own back during the summer.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:27 pm

It's just a bit of fun. As was the thread on PermierView "What happened since Galway last won an All-Ireland". Now they have one called "What happened since Limerick last won an all-Ireland." And one dedicated to ourselves, called "F**king Cork".
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Fair enough lads, whatever floats yere boat. I still think it's a bit cringing, albeit fairly harmless I accept.
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Lurker wrote:Fair enough lads, whatever floats yere boat. I still think it's a bit cringing, albeit fairly harmless I accept.

I can see that too, Lurker.
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:29 pm

Thanks Podsy, I'm not just a grouch, I swear. :D
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Dorcha wrote:It's just a bit of fun. As was the thread on PermierView "What happened since Galway last won an All-Ireland". Now they have one called "What happened since Limerick last won an all-Ireland." And one dedicated to ourselves, called "F**king Cork".

Well they could, with justification, substitute Cork for Limerick there....
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:40 pm

tipp-ex wrote:
Dorcha wrote:It's just a bit of fun. As was the thread on PermierView "What happened since Galway last won an All-Ireland". Now they have one called "What happened since Limerick last won an all-Ireland." And one dedicated to ourselves, called "F**king Cork".

Well they could, with justification, substitute Cork for Limerick there....

Someone suggested it, but most of them felt Cork wasn't in the same boat as Limerick. The "F**king Cork" thread came about as a counter to the Tipperary posters who were saying it was great that Cork were back.
corkbrian

Postby corkbrian » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:27 am

http://www.hoganstand.com/Article/Index/282467

Not sure where to post this, but it's...fantastic. They are rattled when this is what they are hanging on to!

Micko reluctant to call Dubs great

Mick O'Dwyer won't consider Dublin a great team until they "hammer a team in an All-Ireland final".

The dominant Dubs have won five of the last seven All-Ireland titles and are currently preparing a four-in-a-row bid that looks destined to succeed. Many consider Jim Gavin's crop to be the best side in gaelic football history but Kerry legend 'Micko' isn't fully convinced just yet.

O'Dwyer was in charge of the Kingdom side that claimed the Sam Maguire Cup eight times in the 1970s and '80s, winning their finals by an average of more than seven points. In contrast, four of Dublin's five triumphs to date this decade were by the minmum margin.

"Well, at the present time, they're an exceptionally good team but then they've only won All-Irelands by single points against Mayo," O'Dwyer told RTE, perhaps still stinging from Dublin's facile victory over Kerry on Sunday.

"Until they hammer a team in an All-Ireland final by seven or eight, ten points, then I'll say they're a really great team. But they are certainly the best team I've seen for quite a long while and they'll take a lot of beating."
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:33 am

Well, Kerry certainly can't beat them, unless, maybe they go back to the blanket defence they employed a years ago to get them through a drought of talent. One of Kerry's problems is that they have had it too easy in Munster. Now that Galway are on the way back they may find the rest of Ireland sticky as well. The aristocrats aren't used to playing second fiddle, hence the reluctance to face reality.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Dorcha wrote:Well, Kerry certainly can't beat them, unless, maybe they go back to the blanket defence they employed a years ago to get them through a drought of talent. One of Kerry's problems is that they have had it too easy in Munster. Now that Galway are on the way back they may find the rest of Ireland sticky as well. The aristocrats aren't used to playing second fiddle, hence the reluctance to face reality.

Yerra sure haven't they the best dolphin in the world and a collection of yellow cards that Al Capone and Baby Face Nelson would be
proud of.
On top of that they are the most begrudging shower of unsporting bad losers known to man. We should never stop thanking Eugene Magee and Offaly along with Mickey Harte and Tyrone. Without them, the noisy neighbours would be banging the five in a row drum at least twice
in recent memory. Ouch................. :lol:

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”