"Yerra" watch

Ranty

Re: "Yerra" watch

Postby Ranty » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:23 am

Yerra sure can't they point out 1955 when Dublin were red hot favourites and Tadgie ( Not Kennelly)
kicked points from under the Hogan Stand with four Dublin gurriers hanging out of him.

Beaten by Mayo was the last straw. No recovery from such humiliation.
Thought they might have unleashed a new strain of flu virus hitting the team on the morning of the match.
Not too late yet of course as Leen in the Examiner will no doubt give us a full page of excuses for Xmas. :D :D
Caughtforpace

Postby Caughtforpace » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:14 am

Heartwarming statistics

Of the last eight Kerry minor squads that have represented the county in this decade. From 170 players, just seven had featured on Kerry senior championship teams - Pa Kilkenny, Jack Barry, Jack Savage, Kevin McCarthy, Brian ó Beaglaoich, Tom O'Sullivan and Tadhg Morley. Only Morley could be considered an established player at this stage.

In the same time the Dubs have brought through
Jack mc Caffrey, C Kilkenny, E Lowndes, Cormac Costello, J Small, D Byrne, N Scully. B Fenton, P Mannion, E o Conghaile ,C o Callaghan, Brian Howard.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:56 am

Where are we in all this?
Maurice Banks

Postby Maurice Banks » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:50 am

tipp-ex wrote:Where are we in all this?

Not directly answering your question but had a look at last 4 years Tipp-ex just to see how these great Kerry minors fared against our minors in comparison with the team they beat in the All-Ireland final to try to get some indication of how far off the rest of the country we were.
In 2014 Kerry beat Cork by 4pts and Donegal by 4pts. Cork lost by 4pts in quarter final afterwards to Dublin having made 4 changes from Munster Final. They also lost Michael Hurley through injury in first half in what was described as a hard fought win for Dublin. Twelve of that Dublin panel won u21 All-Ireland medals this year. A selector from a county that won a minor All-Ireland this decade told me in 2014 that they had played both Cork and Kerry in challenge games and they had rated Cork as the better team. How we fared at u21 this year shows a very different trajectory to Dublin.
In 2015 Kerry beat Cork by a point after extra time and Tipperary by 20.
In 2016 Kerry beat Cork by 6pts and Galway by 7pts. Cork lost by two goals to Donegal afterwards.
In 2017 Kerry beat Cork by 10pts and Derry by 24pts.
In 2016 and 2017 David Clifford accounted for 1-5 and 2-8 which was more than the winning margins each year. Without him maybe the talent pool in the two counties is similar.
I don't know what conclusions, if any at all, can be drawn from the above..maybe only that there are lies, damn lies and then underage results.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:03 pm

I don't know of this qualifies for this thread, but it's Kerry GAA-related, anyway.

Former Kerry footballer-turned-fashionista Paul Galvin has helped to design the county's new jersey.

The new jersey will be launched in Killarney next Friday in time for the lucrative Christmas market and Kerry chairman Timmy Murphy revealed yesterday that Galvin has had an input into its design.

In his match programme notes for the Kerry SFC final between Dr Crokes and South Kerry, Murphy wrote: "Considerable effort has gone into designing this new jersey in what has been a collaborative effort between Kerry county board, Paul Galvin and O'Neill's Sports."

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=277294

The Examiner had a reference to it on Monday, as well. God help them.

It appears that Galvin is a designer for Dunne's stores. Just as well I don't shop there any more, or it's another thing I'd have to give up. This appeared on the Examiner last Monday week.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/paul-galvin-playing-a-fashion-blinder-461035.html
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Dorcha wrote:I don't know of this qualifies for this thread, but it's Kerry GAA-related, anyway.

Former Kerry footballer-turned-fashionista Paul Galvin has helped to design the county's new jersey.

The new jersey will be launched in Killarney next Friday in time for the lucrative Christmas market and Kerry chairman Timmy Murphy revealed yesterday that Galvin has had an input into its design.

In his match programme notes for the Kerry SFC final between Dr Crokes and South Kerry, Murphy wrote: "Considerable effort has gone into designing this new jersey in what has been a collaborative effort between Kerry county board, Paul Galvin and O'Neill's Sports."

It appears that Galvin is a designer for Dunne's stores. Just as well I don't shop there any more, or it's another thing I'd have to give up. This appeared on the Examiner last Monday week.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/paul-galvin-playing-a-fashion-blinder-461035.html

Is there any truth in the rumour that there's a 'FISH HOOK' logo on these ganseys? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:04 pm

Good one, Ranty.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:17 pm

Dorcha wrote:Good one, Ranty.

:twisted:
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Ranty wrote:
Dorcha wrote:I don't know of this qualifies for this thread, but it's Kerry GAA-related, anyway.

Is there any truth in the rumour that there's a 'FISH HOOK' logo on these ganseys? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's been released.

Very disappointing, no fish hook logos, no plunging v necks and no patches on the elbows.

Paudie Palmer will be delighted though, the numbers are able to be seen clearly
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:38 pm

It took a "designer" to come up with that?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”