"Yerra" watch

Dorcha

Re: "Yerra" watch

Postby Dorcha » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:44 pm

For those who want a gawk -

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/gaa-football/1726639/kerry-unveil-new-retro-style-jersey-designed-by-former-kingdom-star-paul-galvin/

"The new shirt is a nod to a 1985 classic" says the photo caption. It's a straight copy! But then, Mr Galvin was never very original in his fashion sense.
donal66

Postby donal66 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Jez D.... give the man a break - life is for living
Maurice Banks

Postby Maurice Banks » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:04 pm

"The new design is inclusive, rich in storytelling and strong in identity" Galvin claims having spent a number of months working on it. As somebody said it must have taken weeks alone for this great designer to even come up with such an original colour scheme. The whole thing is rich in lots of other things too... I can't wait for the shorts and socks to come out. I bet they'll have even more yarns to spin. Probably in the style of the great Kerry seanachais. They'll be so entertaining it'll pass the winter looking at them. Mighty stuff from the Kingdom. Keep it up.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:30 pm

donal66 wrote:Jez D.... give the man a break - life is for living

"The man" is an egotist.

Neither are his "Peaky Blinders" designs original. The costume designers of "Peaky Blinders " thought it up first. And they also copied it from an original - but they had a valid reason.
Caughtforpace

Postby Caughtforpace » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:37 pm

This jersey shite is very un-kerrylike and is just a symptom of how rattled they are. That photo on yesterdays examiner with grizzly Adams, wunderkind Clifford and a few token hurlers was a bit surreal. The hurleys looked as out of place as cocktail glasses on Shackleton expedition.They always flew under the radar with this sort of stuff and did their talking on the field. They are starting to remind me of Liverpool in the mid 90’s when Ferguson knocked them off their perch and they couldn’t come to terms with playing second or third fiddle. Although if I follow through on this analogy, we are Everton.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:32 am

Big interview with Stharrrr in the Examiner today to get the Christmas started.
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:48 am

tipp-ex wrote:Big interview with Stharrrr in the Examiner today to get the Christmas started.

Well, now that he's decided to stay on for another year the first order of business is to get on to the meeja an start working on the refs and umpires. They're all against him, shur.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Podsy wrote:
tipp-ex wrote:Big interview with Stharrrr in the Examiner today to get the Christmas started.

Well, now that he's decided to stay on for another year the first order of business is to get on to the meeja an start working on the refs and umpires. They're all against him, shur.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Are we that obsessed with them that we need to dedicate an thread exclusively to their on-goings? Ffs worry about ourselves, they'd get a great kick out of seeing this, and they'd be right. Embarrassing stuff.

You won't find any 'Let's obsess over Cork' threads over on their forum, and if there is I doubt they ever got off the ground.
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Lurker wrote:Are we that obsessed with them that we need to dedicate an thread exclusively to their on-goings? Ffs worry about ourselves, they'd get a great kick out of seeing this, and they'd be right. Embarrassing stuff.

You won't find any 'Let's obsess over Cork' threads over on their forum, and if there is I doubt they ever got off the ground.

I do see your point, Lurker, but it's only gentle mickey-taking.

Every other thread on here is about us, and very positive.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”