Cork Hurlers 2018

Matty Hislop

Re: Cork Hurlers 2018

Postby Matty Hislop » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 am

Big Cut No Bandage wrote:
youngbob wrote:Mark Ellis is out for Sunday. He has a groin injury

Ideal opportunity to try an experimental spine. I would put Cadogan full back(he deserves a start after declaring for the hurlers) The league showed he was comfortable there. I would try Cahalane at 6 if Ellis is out injured. I would start O'Mahony at center forward and start Kingston and Cahalane as well. We have one last chance to try stuff out(unless we win) We should avail of it. Some other new young starters in the forwards would be great as well.

I agree with a bit of experimenting with the team. I can't see Myler being too adventurous given the nature of the subs and team selection in the last games. It is a good chance to see if Cadogan is up to championship hurling as we might need him down the line in case of injury. Jamie Coughlan is another lad I'd like to see him try out. In fairness bringing him on with a minute to go is pointless.O'Flynn is back training so we might see him at some stage. Myler might just go with a direct swap with TOM in for Ellis.

I'd like to see
Nash
O'Donoghue EC Spillane
Joyce TOM Coleman
Cooper Fitzgibbon
Meade Harnedy Lehane
Coughlan M Calahane Horgan.

All going well subs to bring on, Kingston, O'Flynn, Browne, Calahane with a cameo from Jack I Connor
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Matty, the most consistent player we have this year is dropped from your panel all together,
Think about it
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:20 pm

jbm1 wrote:Matty, the most consistent player we have this year is dropped from your panel all together,
Think about it

Im not advocating dropping Kearny. Not by a long shot. Like others I just think this could be a game that we could try out some different players. We know what Kearny brings to the team and he has been excellent this year, a great link man and chips in with some fine scores. I don't think we can do without Harnedy or Horgan in the forward for any game. This game could be the one that Lehane finds his form of last year, and so I would leave him in for confidence. Michael Calahane has yet really to show us what he can do in the senior intercounty scene so I would also give him a chance. Same can be said for Coughlan. He was brought back in based on club form, so let's see can he do it v a demoralised waterford. So that leaves Meade, who we all look at in a similar role to Kearny. A link between defence and attack and able to take a score when it is on. He hasn't been as good as this as Kearny but maybe give him a chance to prove he can be. Kearny will always be ready in case we need him.

Saying all that, I can't see much changes to the team and I believe Kearny will start.
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:37 pm

The reality is this game we need to win Waterford have nothing to lose so that makes them very dangerous also it could be Derek McGraths last game , Brick Walsh is going for the record of most championship apperances and if they win its Tipp who finish bottom on the table so no easy game here that's why I except a strong team out maybe Cads senior to start...
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:19 pm

As far as I’m concerned Cork don’t need to win this game. The goal is the All Ireland not Munster. If management thinks it can use this game to experiment and get some players experience I’m all for it.
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:14 pm

Will the Town End be open on Sunday?
Big Cut No Bandage

Postby Big Cut No Bandage » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:46 pm

bronxrebe; wrote:As far as I’m concerned Cork don’t need to win this game. The goal is the All Ireland not Munster. If management thinks it can use this game to experiment and get some players experience I’m all for it.

Agreed. I don't give a damn about Munster either.
I would start a very changed team and see who sinks or swims. We are carrying some guys on the subs who haven't even got a run. If we need them we won't know if they can do the job or not.
Nash
O Donoghue
Cadogan
O Sullivan
Joyce
Cahalane/O Mahony
Coleman
Fitzgibbon
Cooper
Meade
O Mahony/Harnedy
Kingston
Coughlan
M.Cahalane
Lehane.

Nothing to lose and who knows we might end up in a Munster final with some major competition for places.
Big Cut No Bandage

Postby Big Cut No Bandage » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 pm

:D
Matty Hislop wrote:
Big Cut No Bandage wrote:
youngbob wrote:Mark Ellis is out for Sunday. He has a groin injury

Ideal opportunity to try an experimental spine. I would put Cadogan full back(he deserves a start after declaring for the hurlers) The league showed he was comfortable there. I would try Cahalane at 6 if Ellis is out injured. I would start O'Mahony at center forward and start Kingston and Cahalane as well. We have one last chance to try stuff out(unless we win) We should avail of it. Some other new young starters in the forwards would be great as well.

I agree with a bit of experimenting with the team. I can't see Myler being too adventurous given the nature of the subs and team selection in the last games. It is a good chance to see if Cadogan is up to championship hurling as we might need him down the line in case of injury. Jamie Coughlan is another lad I'd like to see him try out. In fairness bringing him on with a minute to go is pointless.O'Flynn is back training so we might see him at some stage. Myler might just go with a direct swap with TOM in for Ellis.

I'd like to see
Nash
O'Donoghue EC Spillane
Joyce TOM Coleman
Cooper Fitzgibbon
Meade Harnedy Lehane
Coughlan M Calahane Horgan.

All going well subs to bring on, Kingston, O'Flynn, Browne, Calahane with a cameo from Jack I Connor

Just saw this. You were in ahead of me.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:37 pm

The Cork Senior Hurling team for Sunday's 17th June Munster Championship game v Waterford in Semple Stadium, Thurles @ 2pm has been announced as follows.

1. Anthony Nash - Kanturk
2. Sean O Donoghue - Inniscarra
3. Damien Cahalane - St Finbarr's
4. Colm Spillane - Castlelyons
5. Christopher Joyce - Na Piarsaigh
6. Eoin Cadogan - Douglas
7. Mark Coleman - Blarney
8. Darragh Fitzgibbon - Charleville
9. Bill Cooper - Youghal
10. Luke Meade - Newcestown
11. Conor Lehane - Midleton
12. Daniel Kearney - Sarsfields