Cork U21 Hurling 2018

expat

Re: Cork U21 Hurling 2018

Postby expat » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Did we really only make 2 substitutions. Who did Millerick actually come on for. I could not see. Was Daire Connery injured? Is the analysis going to point to impact subs again. Stakelum a sub got the goal..... How was Downey not even on the panel?

Kingston needs the ball into his hand or he cannot win it. Gut wrenching wide at the end . I like the cut of Dalton who worked hard.

Tipp used their physio very well to turn the game into a stop starter. We have everyones favourite uncle over the team when we needed the black sheep cousin.

Ger Collins was jittery all game. The 2 corner backs did a lot of soloing. This cost us. Hennessy is a fine hurler but I can see the thoughts next year being that the team cant have him and Coleman in it.

The complacency factor actually kicked in at the start of the 2nd half as I think we thought we were away on a hack with the wind behind us.

I have the Glenroe blues .
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:44 pm

cahirofcork wrote:Dennis Ring continues his reign in Cork underage hurling. Whoever has allowed that man to continuously take charge of Cork hurling teams year after year should be fucking shot. He has taken potential teams year on year and driven them into the ground. Today was like watching the minor final from last year all over again. A disgrace.

The other option is John Considine. There the only two under age hurling coaches in Cork.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:58 pm

https://www.eveningecho.ie/corksport/Th ... 47eaf06-ds

Absolutely cringe worthy stupid articles like this in the Echo recently didn't help.
expat

Postby expat » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:00 pm

Spongebob wrote:
cahirofcork wrote:Dennis Ring continues his reign in Cork underage hurling. Whoever has allowed that man to continuously take charge of Cork hurling teams year after year should be fucking shot. He has taken potential teams year on year and driven them into the ground. Today was like watching the minor final from last year all over again. A disgrace.

The other option is John Considine. There the only two under age hurling coaches in Cork.

Surely there are more than that. I don't know though as I know more about Dublin underage and would always bow to local knowledge. Was Tom Kenny not involved somewhere?
leesider

Postby leesider » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Was the Tipp goal legit? I watched the replay a few times and still can't tell.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:12 pm

expat wrote:
Spongebob wrote:

Surely there are more than that. I don't know though as I know more about Dublin underage and would always bow to local knowledge. Was Tom Kenny not involved somewhere?

He's with the 16s
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:13 pm

expat wrote:
Spongebob wrote:

He's with the 16s this year
expat

Postby expat » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:19 pm

So he must be worth a look as a modern coach for a modern era...? Was he involved at Freshers level too. That's fairly u21.... think we need to be a bit more creative than John Considine
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:23 pm

expat wrote:So he must be worth a look as a modern coach for a modern era...? Was he involved at Freshers level too. That's fairly u21.... think we need to be a bit more creative than John Considine

Considine was alongside him at 16s this year, as was Seanie McGrath
Twohands

Postby Twohands » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Well done to Tipp. They deserved the win. Played like a team that wanted it more, threw themselves into it physical battles like we knew that they would and won those battles and the ball. Some of our old failings remain and rather than being proud that we are a ‘top of the ground’ hurling county we might want to start recognising that All Ireland’s are often won on days like today. Hard luck to the team and mentors. They will be gutted but can have no real complaints tonight.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”