Cork Footballers 2018

User avatar
Podsy
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:07 am

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby Podsy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Ranty wrote:I'd like to thank Thomás úasal O Shé for providing the ammunition we need to beat Kerry on the 23rd June.
On RTE 2 today after the Dubs walloped Longford, in the presence of Michael Lyster and Colm O Rourke and in full view of the millions tuned in and on line he came out with the following observation........

"Leinster football is a one way street and so is Munster ............'tis a pity."

If that doesn't inspire Ronan McCarthy and Thomas's Nemo team mates, then nothing will.


Oh! The bould Tomás!
leesider
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:00 pm

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby leesider » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:20 pm

Lurker wrote:
leesider wrote:Any idea when tickets for the Munster final will go on sale?


Now - https://secure.tickets.ie/Listing/Event ... 1519057895


Thanks boss
greatbleddyman
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:22 am

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby greatbleddyman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:33 am

http://www.the42.ie/cork-injury-update- ... ssion=true

Interesting injury news there. I wonder at this stage is o'Neill a starter any more. I think Pieter is a bigger blow. Interesting to hear o Driscoll is close, the injury not as serious as the rumours.

I like how McCarthy has managed to give an interview, given the impression of giving information but really said nothing. Jim Gavin style
Lurker
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby Lurker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 am

Yeah, we need Powter for this one. Hopefully he's just keeping Kerry guessing, not that I doubt the setback.

I heard we lost that challenge match to Roscommon 5-19 to 3-17, can anybody confirm or deny?

Donncha & O'Neill would be valuable sub options, especially if we're still in the game midway through the second half. I'm really struggling to see where the scores are going to come from overall though.
Ranty
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:24 am

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby Ranty » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Lurker wrote:Yeah, we need Powter for this one. Hopefully he's just keeping Kerry guessing, not that I doubt the setback.

I heard we lost that challenge match to Roscommon 5-19 to 3-17, can anybody confirm or deny?

Donncha & O'Neill would be valuable sub options, especially if we're still in the game midway through the second half. I'm really struggling to see where the scores are going to come from overall though.


The Roscommon game AFAIK..........we were well ahead at H/T and then whipped off most of the A team.
The final score means nothing.
McCarthy is playing a blinder and they are a happy bunch. Might surprise a few of the experts who excluded them totally
when asked on TV to name the Super Eights.
Lurker
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby Lurker » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 am

Thanks Ranty, I like that version better.
langerinexile
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby langerinexile » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Ranty wrote:
Lurker wrote:Yeah, we need Powter for this one. Hopefully he's just keeping Kerry guessing, not that I doubt the setback.

I heard we lost that challenge match to Roscommon 5-19 to 3-17, can anybody confirm or deny?

Donncha & O'Neill would be valuable sub options, especially if we're still in the game midway through the second half. I'm really struggling to see where the scores are going to come from overall though.


The Roscommon game AFAIK..........we were well ahead at H/T and then whipped off most of the A team.
The final score means nothing.
McCarthy is playing a blinder and they are a happy bunch. Might surprise a few of the experts who excluded them totally
when asked on TV to name the Super Eights.


To be fair Ranty based on what we have seen in recent times I don't think we have any right to feel slighted by those predictions that we would fail to get that far.

If McCarthy gets us to the Super 8s then he'll have had a good first season in charge given recent seasons.

In the long term Cork getting to the Super 8s should be the minimum expectation for Cork football. It is a measure of how far we have fallen that we were not even considered contenders.
Ranty
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:24 am

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby Ranty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:45 pm

I agree with you. Not slighted at all, only just saying------- or maby I should have said hoping.............that the experts got it wrong.

It grates a bit, when we hear Monaghan, Roscommon and fluckin Tipperary footballers rated ahead of Cork who won Sam as recent as 2010.
Sinbin
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby Sinbin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Ranty wrote:I agree with you. Not slighted at all, only just saying------- or maby I should have said hoping.............that the experts got it wrong.

It grates a bit, when we hear Monaghan, Roscommon and fluckin Tipperary footballers rated ahead of Cork who won Sam as recent as 2010.


It does a bit Ranty, and none of the above teams have seriously threatened the top table. Same goes for Galway 2018...widely considered by d'experts to be the coming thing in Gaelic Football. They may well be but I've seen nothing yet to suggest they'll seriously rattle Dublin, or Kerry, any time soon.

But I suppose Cork are judged differently to Monaghan, Tipp, & Roscommon...these teams would be considered to be punching above their weight and given credit for doing so, Cork would be regarded as punching well below their perceived weight and derided for doing so.

We can't argue that Cork football has slipped way back since 2010 which in fairness is now 8 years ago. A decline and that awful term "transition period" is one thing, the nature of the deterioration and stagnation is more worrying. I will always defer to your deeper knowledge of Cork football ( being a dreadful hurling snob myself!) and your optimism is always admirable. If the impressive win over Tipp indicates real green shoots then that's a very positive sign...but I suppose the acid test is next Saturday night when the circus comes to town.

Looking forward to it in a perverse kind of way...like an aul fella going to a dance with high hopes that tonight is going to be different but ending up taking that familiar road home alone again.
CORKFAN
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby CORKFAN » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:15 pm

One thing Cork have got to get out of this match on Saturday night is to prove to themselves mostly that they are on the right road back ….this means they cannot allow another no show like what happened in the finals of 2014 and 2017 ...And its the first game in our new stadium no f...… way should they lose to the neighbours in our new back garden...come on rebels.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Spongebob and 1 guest