tipp-ex

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby tipp-ex » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Not surprisingly no all star nominations. Carlow got more than Cork
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:20 pm

CORKFAN wrote:
northcorklad wrote:I know a lot of people wouldn't be too disappointed to see him gone, but that Walsh news is so depressing when you think back to how exciting a talent he was. His under 21 performance against Kerry in 2011 is probably the most dominant performance by one player I've ever seen in an inter county game. Didn't think he was our worst performer against Kerry this year (and he missed the entirety of the league as well) but for those who played in the early 10's glory days it would probably depress the living shite out of them to see what's around them these days, the guy is 28 now as well and probably thinks real life should come ahead of putting everything into something with next to zero chance of silverware. I find it quite hard to see us stay in division 2 next year because it will be a good bit higher a standard now. Meanwhile we seem to still think that discarding players who have proven their worth before things went to pot is still the way to go, replacing them with lads who are thrown in simply based on being younger. If Mayo/Donegal had done similar in 2010 they would have gone nowhere.

Very good post why do we f... away good players the guy has 2 All-Stars, An All-Ireland senior medal , an All-Ireland u21 medal , young player of the year award....and McCarthy tells him feck off its maddening ...this manager felt we now need a coach came in last year and did not need one ….this guy does not know what hes doing but sure we will keep him on for another years. Cuthbert god rid of experienced players and look where it got us ….Walsh missed the league this year so he was only getting into thing again.

Regardless, Walsh never helped himself either...by that I mean his flip-flopping between hurling and football never helped him. In my opinion he was never really going to be a top intercounty hurler, but he could have been a top intercounty footballer. Like Eoin Cadogan, he may have preferred hurling but it wasn't the game he had the greatest attributes for.

Can't criticise a guy for picking his preferred code and chasing his dream, it just looks like it has ultimately cost him his intercounty career, which at 28 is a shame.
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Ranty wrote:My glass is always half full and with the weeding and welding done over the winter I'm expecting the old Cork spirit
to reappear in February.
Cork footballers were never afraid of those other Division 3 counties and it won't start now either.
Whatever virus that was in the camp will be sorted and 2019 will be the start of a much brighter future.

My tongue is bleeding after that bite............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some great away trips for you there in 2019 Ranty...you better start thinking about new tyres for the Morris!!
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:57 pm

I have news for you 'sinbin'.

She's currently in the Morris Minor engineering shop to have an ash tray fitted for the trip to Fermanagh and a crook to hang the brown scapular off. Might even fit an ipad with Google Maps as I haven't a clue where Fermanagh is located. She's never been further north than Thurles so all this is new territory. :roll: :roll:
Norrback

Postby Norrback » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:58 pm

On Walsh...he detiorated over the years despite great potential...but he was not effective...clean catches, passing , scoring...compare him to Dublin’s Fenton and how he has improved...don’t know if it is down to him or the constant flip flopping with hurling or lack of coaching or practice...very unfortunate for Cork football though
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Norrback wrote:On Walsh...he detiorated over the years despite great potential...but he was not effective...clean catches, passing , scoring...compare him to Dublin’s Fenton and how he has improved...don’t know if it is down to him or the constant flip flopping with hurling or lack of coaching or practice...very unfortunate for Cork football though

Sad to say but you are right in what you say ...I still think he has plenty to offer the footballers was injured for the league how can they judge him on one or so championship games ...this management does not inspire confidence .
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:50 pm

Corkfan, I'm sorry to say there's a lot of evidence to suggest that AW isn't a team player.
Fine athlete and fine footballer, but there's more needed these days.
Have they given up on him and cut him from the panel?
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Ranty wrote:Corkfan, I'm sorry to say there's a lot of evidence to suggest that AW isn't a team player.

According to Michael Moynihan they have cut him...but he could e on the way back to the hurlers.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:08 pm

CORKFAN wrote:
Ranty wrote:Corkfan, I'm sorry to say there's a lot of evidence to suggest that AW isn't a team player.

According to Michael Moynihan they have cut him...but he could e on the way back to the hurlers.

Thanks C.F. I wish him well but doubt if he has the skill for senior intercounty hurling.
Then again, I know SFA about hurling and the modern game of scrums and throws don't float my boat.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”