Nemo’s chances

bronxrebe;

Nemo’s chances

Postby bronxrebe; » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:27 am

Haven’t followed it much this year what are there chances Saturday? It would be a great way to start my Saint Patrick’s Day!
Ranty

Re: Nemo’s chances

Postby Ranty » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:48 am

This is what Paddy Power thinks but I wouldn't take it as gospel either.
Gough from Meath is the ref and he's not the worst IMHO.

Corofin 11/10 Draw 15/2 Nemo Rangers Evens
Twohands

Postby Twohands » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:58 pm

I’d worry that Corofin will have a bit too much for Nemo tomorrow. They’ve dozed off a few times this year and still been able to turn it on when needed, putting up some good scores. Nemo don’t know when they are beaten either though and a lot will come down to whether they can keep the Corofin half forwards quiet.I hope I’m wrong and that there are a few footballers in Cork celebrating an All Ireland title tomorrow night.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:17 pm

Nemo yet to get to grips with a slicker Corofin early on, 7 points down and increasing, this could get away fast
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Nemo being ripped asunder. Game over 20 minutes in
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:24 pm

You have to say that was a brilliant performance from Corofin. Absolutely destroyed Nemo from start to finish. They were well organised in defence not affording Nemo any space and breaking at speed to their pacy forwards. They were far too dynamic and efficent for Nemo.
Besides the fact that they were hammered by a much better team, Nemo looked unfit or overtrained to me.
A non event and a sobering day for Nemo Rangers, no other way to put it
topoftheright

Postby topoftheright » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Agree with you there Tipp Ex it looked like boys against men with Corofin far fitter than Nemo.To win anything in football you have to take every shooting chance you get and you have to be cynical.Arm around the waist, tug on the jersey,pull back when running in support of the man in possession etc I thought Corofin were excellent at this but they were excellent footballers as well and are deserving All Ireland club champions.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:14 pm

Corofin are good but Nemo didn't turn up and made them look better than they are.
Nerves got the better of Nemo and after a horrific start they just couldn't recover.
Defence non existent and Kerrigan clearly hasn't recovered from injury.
They are a much better team than that and I don't believe there is such a gap between two finalists.
Felt sorry for Thomás on his lap of honour in Croker.

Cork football is in deep doo doo if this result is reflective of the overall standard in the county.
I can't believe that it is.
leesider

Postby leesider » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:20 pm

Now Tomas O Se knows what it's like to be a Cork footballer.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”