Senior Hurling Championship 2018

tipp-ex

Re: Senior Hurling Championship 2018

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:55 am

Thanks for reports lads
So these were the first championship matches for these clubs since May?
Buzzkill

Postby Buzzkill » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:14 pm

April I think no? I can't understand what's going on in Douglas, a forward line containing cadogan turnbull o Connor Collins McCarthy Kingston, almost an intercounty forward line. They should be tearing teams apart at club level, but heart and desire some times beats class. Midleton should they have lost yesterday would have been kicking themselves having been the better team for 3/4 of the match. Would love to know why McDonnell was left on lehane for so long after he was being cleaned out. Two top quality games we were treated to which we don't get to see enough of. Going to go for Imokilly to win the county again though
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Imokilly won by 11pts without Harnedy and Dalton. Cooper was the standout player. He took some big hits and still was bombing at full time. Paudie was quiet enough but when he's on the ball his vision is incredible. Bishopstown were poor in 1st half but battled for the hour and fully deserved their goal. Pa Cronin never got into the match, I think all his scores came from frees. Overall it ended as a contest before h/t but some cracking displays by the winners. SON did well on Bill at CB for 30 mins but when Cooper switched to midfield Imokilly never released their grip.
CorkImport

Postby CorkImport » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:09 pm

youngbob wrote:Imokilly won by 11pts without Harnedy and Dalton. Cooper was the standout player. He took some big hits and still was bombing at full time. Paudie was quiet enough but when he's on the ball his vision is incredible. Bishopstown were poor in 1st half but battled for the hour and fully deserved their goal. Pa Cronin never got into the match, I think all his scores came from frees. Overall it ended as a contest before h/t but some cracking displays by the winners. SON did well on Bill at CB for 30 mins but when Cooper switched to midfield Imokilly never released their grip.

Can anyone see Imokily being stopped, Cooper a huge addition for them again this year?
northcorklad

Postby northcorklad » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:41 pm

CorkImport wrote:Two decent games down the Pairc today. Barrs upsetting the odds and beating Douglas, can’t say I’m shocked by this result though, Douglas being too hyped up as always.
Glen and Midleton was a better game, two superior teams, Glen will be kicking themselves that they left it behind them, especially having a man advantage with 7-8 mins to go! Lehane stole the show with 1-10, 1-7 from play. Big win for Midleton, will give them great confidence going in against Newtown who had a comfortable win against Bride.
Ucc with a one point win against Erin’s Own, would love to see their team if anyone could shed some light on this!

https://twitter.com/colemanajohn/status ... 52961?s=19 UCC team from last night
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:22 pm

CorkImport wrote:
youngbob wrote:Imokilly won by 11pts without Harnedy and Dalton. Cooper was the standout player. He took some big hits and still was bombing at full time. Paudie was quiet enough but when he's on the ball his vision is incredible. Bishopstown were poor in 1st half but battled for the hour and fully deserved their goal. Pa Cronin never got into the match, I think all his scores came from frees. Overall it ended as a contest before h/t but some cracking displays by the winners. SON did well on Bill at CB for 30 mins but when Cooper switched to midfield Imokilly never released their grip.

Can anyone see Imokily being stopped, Cooper a huge addition for them again this year?

As it's coming back to term time what kind of team will UCC have?
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:58 pm

producer ben wrote:
CorkImport wrote:

As it's coming back to term time what kind of team will UCC have?

Probably an even greater Tipp & Waterford kind of team!!
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Blackrock beat Ballymartle 0-22 to 1-14
CorkImport

Postby CorkImport » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:00 pm

tipp-ex wrote:Blackrock beat Ballymartle 0-22 to 1-14

Was at this game myself yesterday, quite poor in truth. Blackrock had another gear to spare, Bally looked like a side with no believe that they could win! Blackrock I would imagine will face a much stiffer test against the Barrs.
Same issue as the football side of things though, waiting of 3-4 months for a club championship game meant, despite a big crowd, little to no excitement or atmosphere.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:08 pm

Rockies beat the Barrs 1-20 to 1-11

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”