Munster Final Tickets

jbm1

Munster Final Tickets

Postby jbm1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:12 pm

It seems incredible that all the stand tickets were sold out in 2 hours on line or through Super Valu/Centra...Whats going on ?
Dorcha

Re: Munster Final Tickets

Postby Dorcha » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:11 pm

jbm1 wrote:It seems incredible that all the stand tickets were sold out in 2 hours on line or through Super Valu/Centra...Whats going on ?

The Clare bandwagon has started rolling again?
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:59 pm

jbm1 wrote:It seems incredible that all the stand tickets were sold out in 2 hours on line or through Super Valu/Centra...Whats going on ?

Thought I was doing well going online at 9am. Wanted a stand ticket. Herself, standing at 4'11" , not impressed to only be able to pick up terrace.
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:09 pm

There has to be something up though..This does seem impossible how some 25000 odd tickets gone in a hour and half
langerinexile

Postby langerinexile » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:03 am

Cast your mind back 12 months and there was a very poor turnout from the Clare support, so much so that Clare players expressed disappointment afterwards at the lack of support. Thurles must have been 75% Cork last year. We had the town end terrace and at least half the Killinan end.

There was a blame game in Clare that the Clare Co board knocked back tickets which were sold on tickets.ie and Super Value/Centra. Cork supporters snapped these up very quickly such was the excitement around the Cork side heading into the Munster final.

Clare Co Board have have probably not knocked back tickets this year and I think their support are more enthusiastic this year than last year. So possibly there was less tickets on general sale this year compared to 12 months ago.

I expect Thurles to be closer to 50/50 this year. There is expectation and hope building in Clare and like us last year they are jumping on the bandwagon.
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:09 am

Ya but still 25000 tickets approx gone in 1 hour seems ridiculous. I know a lot of genuine supporters (including myself) who
travel to every match cant get a ticket..I'm not convinced what's happening here...This system allows for ticket touting!!
Corkboy

Postby Corkboy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:01 pm

Looks like the Clare Co board have taken 7k tickets to distribute between the clubs, an option that Cork CB didn’t use. At least that’s what I think has happened. Clare probably snapped up a lot of the online tickets as well so may return some next week
langerinexile

Postby langerinexile » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:36 am

Was anybody on here who wanted a ticket left hanging?? I know there a fear mid-week but down in Thurles there appeared to be plenty floating around on the day.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:52 am

What's the point in having tickets available on the day, when we keep getting told not to go to the match if we don't have them? First time in decades being on the terraces (Town End) there, as we were told all stand tickets were sold out early on. Also it appears that the attendance was about two hundred down on last year, when there was no problem getting stand tickets. The Munster council should take a good hard look at how they are distributed, but, of course, they won't.
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:00 pm

langerinexile wrote:Was anybody on here who wanted a ticket left hanging?? I know there a fear mid-week but down in Thurles there appeared to be plenty floating around on the day.

A buddy of mine was left hanging with 2 terrace tickets he couldn't get rid of!

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”