Cork Hurlers 2019

bronxrebe;

Re: Cork Hurlers 2019

Postby bronxrebe; » Thu May 16, 2019 3:05 pm

youngbob wrote:I have it from a reliable source Cooper will be fit for the Limerick match. He was at the training session last night but only had a rub down, he supposes to do a bit of work in the gym today. Alan Cadogan could be OK too, it was a precaution not to use him last Sunday (he had a slight niggle) so an extra week should do him the world of good.

Meyler has confirmed that they are “hopeful” here. Way to get the scoop!
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Fri May 17, 2019 11:46 am

bronxrebe; wrote:
youngbob wrote:I have it from a reliable source Cooper will be fit for the Limerick match. He was at the training session last night but only had a rub down, he supposes to do a bit of work in the gym today. Alan Cadogan could be OK too, it was a precaution not to use him last Sunday (he had a slight niggle) so an extra week should do him the world of good.

Meyler has confirmed that they are “hopeful” here. Way to get the scoop!

I know Ellis Cadogan and Spillane did a full training session this week. Cooper did some running and stretching on Tuesday night. He won't get the all clear till after training tonight. I don't really think it's a scoop if I know one of the backroom team. Of course Meyler isn't going to come out and say they are definitely fit. If one of them gets a twinge after their session he is going to look a bigger clown than he already is
Breakin_ball

Postby Breakin_ball » Fri May 17, 2019 6:41 pm

I guess we'll know shortly if there are any changes.

Heard from within the camp that the selectors don't feel that they are as prepared as they were this time last year, but the boss doesn't agree.
He seems to be a very headstrong individual.

If they don't name Alan Cadogan tonight, but announce a change before throw in... Will they get fined?

The days of the ger loughnane/Davy Fitz dummy 15 seem to be gone.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri May 17, 2019 8:06 pm

The Cork Senior Hurling team to play Limerick in the Munster Hurling Championship has been announced.

1. Anthony Nash - Kanturk
2. Sean O' Donoghue - Inniscarra
3. Eoin Cadogan - Douglas
4. Niall O' Leary - Castlelyons
5. Robert Downey - Glen Rovers
6. Mark Ellis - Millstreet
7. Mark Coleman - Blarney
8. Bill Cooper - Youghal
9. Darragh Fitzgibbon - Charleville
10. Daniel Kearney - Sarsfields
11. Seamus Harnedy - St Itas (Captain)
12. Luke Meade - Newcestown
13. Conor Lehane - Midleton
14. Patrick Horgan - Glen Rovers
15. Aidan Walsh - Kanturk
16. Patrick Collins - Ballinhassig
17. Stephen McDonnell - Glen Rovers
18. Damien Cahalane - St Finbarrs
19. Tim O' Mahony - Newtownshandrum
20. Christopher Joyce - Na Piarsaigh
21. Ger Millerick - Fr O' Neills
22. Robbie O' Flynn - Erins Own
23. Shane Kingston - Douglas
24. Alan Cadogan - Douglas
25. Declan Dalton - Fr O' Neills
26. Jack O' Connor - Sarsfields.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri May 17, 2019 8:07 pm

At least they're trying something different. I think dropping Shane Kingston was a mistake, though.

Meade and Kearney on the wings gives a light touch to the half-forward line.
northcorklad

Postby northcorklad » Fri May 17, 2019 8:32 pm

Don't like that team at all. O'Mahony getting shafted for a guy who has how much hurling under his belt at any level this year playing the AI champs away? Fair enough he seemed you could point the finger at him for scores on Sunday but why invest that much time into him at 6 when you're so ready to drop him then? I'd say Limerick backs are much happier to see Walsh starting ahead of Kingston as well. The team selection of a management absolutely panicking.
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Fri May 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Ellis was fit to play in Corks last 2 league matches and the relegation play off and Meyler didn't pick him in any of them. He also was fit for the Dublin challenge game but he wasn't brought to that either. ToM cried off for that game with a "dead leg" and Meyler played Cadogan CB and put Damo FB. Before last Sunday ToM last championship appearance was coming on in AI semi final in the HF line. Meyler spent the past 2 league campaigns trying to turn ToM into a CB while our HF line couldn't win a puck out. If A Cadogan and Kingston are fit enough for the bench, are they not fit enough to start. This manager is not up to IC despite this panel of players winning Munster.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri May 17, 2019 8:44 pm

There's a sense of desperation about that team. Then again, maybe thats the situation we're in. TOM shafted, Kingston shafted. TOM must feel he's being played around a bit, all the league there and dropped for a fella who was on the terrace last Sunday
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Fri May 17, 2019 8:45 pm

Dropping Kingston is a disgrace. It’s like they are guessing at this stage.
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Fri May 17, 2019 8:48 pm

I have no problem with Ellis at 6 this week, my problem is where the feck was he last week??

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”