Cork Hurlers 2019

youngbob

Re: Cork Hurlers 2019

Postby youngbob » Fri May 17, 2019 9:07 pm

bronxrebe; wrote:I have no problem with Ellis at 6 this week, my problem is where the feck was he last week??

I agree with you, but I'm not convinced Meyler isn't throwing him under the bus. He gave him one game this year against Kerry 2 nights after the Dublin game. If Mark plays well it will be a master stroke by management and if he doesn't do well Meyler will say we tried something different. I'd have liked to see a HF line of ToM Harnedy and Walsh with Lehane Hoggie and Kingston /Cadogan inside.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri May 17, 2019 10:02 pm

I'm very concerned about Sunday now. I'm just getting the impression of chaos and panic. Where is Cormac Murphy, especially considering Cooper may not be 100%? Gone completely. Young Downey played one league game. Lehane would want a phunt up the arse. Strong bench? Great but they'll be sitting on it when the ball throws on and IF Meyler decides to bring em on, we may very well be 10 points down. It's not a good way to by going away to the champions
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Fri May 17, 2019 10:07 pm

I've seen in another forum Ellis was in Dubai till March. He went there for 2/3 weeks, he has been back since January. First doing rehab for an injury andthen back training. He had a minor twinge about 4 weeks ago but was available for selection for ages.
Bams

Postby Bams » Fri May 17, 2019 10:48 pm

Well elements of the team selection have bamboozled everyone in Cork, if John Kiely's as confused that might be one benefit ;)
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sat May 18, 2019 8:17 am

I said in an earlier post Ellis, Cadogan and Spillane did a full training session this week I got my days wrong. When the players got together last Friday night to go over their prematch drill before the Tipp game, that was when the 3 players did the full session. When the other players were going in for their post session meal the 3 boys were finishing of the training. They came through it OK - a little worry about Cads- because it was a hamstring, you'd have to give that a day or two to see if there was a reaction. So Ellis was available and he wasn't in the panel.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat May 18, 2019 10:38 am

youngbob wrote:I said in an earlier post Ellis, Cadogan and Spillane did a full training session this week I got my days wrong. When the players got together last Friday night to go over their prematch drill before the Tipp game, that was when the 3 players did the full session. When the other players were going in for their post session meal the 3 boys were finishing of the training. They came through it OK - a little worry about Cads- because it was a hamstring, you'd have to give that a day or two to see if there was a reaction. So Ellis was available and he wasn't in the panel.

He played a football game last Sunday morning by all accounts. Now he's in our troublesome position away to the AI champions.
This will either go spectacularly right or spectacularly wrong
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Sat May 18, 2019 1:13 pm

tipp-ex wrote:
youngbob wrote:I said in an earlier post Ellis, Cadogan and Spillane did a full training session this week I got my days wrong. When the players got together last Friday night to go over their prematch drill before the Tipp game, that was when the 3 players did the full session. When the other players were going in for their post session meal the 3 boys were finishing of the training. They came through it OK - a little worry about Cads- because it was a hamstring, you'd have to give that a day or two to see if there was a reaction. So Ellis was available and he wasn't in the panel.

He played a football game last Sunday morning by all accounts. Now he's in our troublesome position away to the AI champions.
This will either go spectacularly right or spectacularly wrong

If it’s spectacularly right it means they were spectacularly wrong leaving him off the panel last week. Hate to say it but there seems to be a serious amount of incompetence about.
redinsf

Postby redinsf » Sat May 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Shocking that Kingston is dropped, he was the one consistent threat apart from Horgan last Sunday.
The changes in the half back line were essential as we were cleaned out there last week.
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:09 pm

Don't worry lads, we always have the footballers to fall back on !!!
Breakin_ball

Postby Breakin_ball » Sun May 19, 2019 1:12 pm

Have a decent spare open stand if anyone stuck

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”