Cork Hurlers 2019

Dorcha

Re: Cork Hurlers 2019

Postby Dorcha » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:09 am

It was a strange game sort of game. I never felt comfortable throughout it, except for the last ten minutes.

Waterford were playing much better before they started to bring their subs on. It was then they started to fall apart.

Waterford’s two goals were against the run of play and were quickly erased by Cork, yet Cork did not appear to be in top gear at any stage of the game.

I thought the corner backs were a bit tentative for the first fifteen minutes, but tightened up considerably thereafter.

I missed Horgan’s goal as I was in a never-ending queue at the catering stand with my grand-niece, seeking a carton of chips. It took us about three-quarters of an hour.
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:07 pm

Waterford were so poor, as weak a performance than I have seen from them in a long, long time.
Cork were only average..which was good enough on the night to win comfortably, but won't be good enough from here on.

You would imagine Cork could have picked it up a gear or two if they needed to...the paucity of W'ford's challenge and the flatness of the game never called for high intensity. At no stage did Waterford threaten, or look like they were upping the ante. At times it resembled a match staged to open a new pitch on a fine summer evening.
Still, you can only beat whats in front of you. Cork did that at their ease. And there was good performances from various players at various stages. Not a bad nights work.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:38 pm

I'd say we need something out of the trip to Ennis next week, in case Limerick beat Tipperary?
expat

Postby expat » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:38 pm

https://twitter.com/Denis_Hurley

This chap has the right of it regarding permutations
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Any word on which Munster game will be broadcast Sunday?
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:56 am

As most people thought before the championship Cork's season has come down to the Clare match. In Clare's last few matches Tony Kelly came deeper and deeper to try to get into the game. If this happens next week it will suit Cork to a tee. Last time he played MF against us Bill Cooper gave an exhibition of how to mark a marksman. Cooper's concentration to any duty that is called on him is top drawer. He stuck to Kelly, body checking his runs at every puck out. It was a masterclass of how to influence a game without been on the ball. We saw in yesterday's games how easy it is to pick up a red card, Bill got a yellow after 2 minutes and for the rest of the match both Waterford midfielders (off the ball) jabbed him with the stick, kicked him in the ankles provoking a reaction. It vital we have that attitude again next Sunday to silence the home crowd. The players can't drop the levels for the first knockout game of the season
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:56 am

bronxrebe; wrote:Any word on which Munster game will be broadcast Sunday?

Good question and I cant see anything on that yet anywhere. Both games at 2pm as the Connaght football Final is on at 4.
My guess is that they'll go Tipperary V Limerick. Or they could go split screens with both matches or a red button
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:32 pm

tipp-ex wrote:
bronxrebe; wrote:Any word on which Munster game will be broadcast Sunday?

Good question and I cant see anything on that yet anywhere. Both games at 2pm as the Connaght football Final is on at 4.
My guess is that they'll go Tipperary V Limerick. Or they could go split screens with both matches or a red button

Well the Cork match is the only one with both teams vying for a spot. Hopefully that means they show us.
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:51 pm

Looks like the Limerick/Tipp match will be broadcast.
corkbrian

Postby corkbrian » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:45 pm

looks like only east and west terrace left... I'm guessing east will be more popular with cork?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”