Cork Hurlers 2019

tipp-ex

Re: Cork Hurlers 2019

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:53 am

I'm worried about this game. Fellas on Proc taking about "when" we play Limerick in a semi and get revenge. Let's take a deep breath here to reflect on who we are playing and who is their manager
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:08 am

Lots of hand wringing here. I’m no fan of Lehane and would prefer they found a spot for Kingston somewhere. That said this is a good looking team that has more to bring on late in games than we had last year. Cork wins by 4.

Come on the Rebels!
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:37 pm

On route to Dublin to take in the football first. Not the biggest football fan but decided to make a weekend of it. (bad form that it's not a double header).

The closer the game gets the more nervous I am. Kk have the ability to stick with teams to the end and Cork tend to let teams back into games easily. The team is set up to move the ball quickly and put score KK. I hope the backs play as a unit and cut out all route to goals, coz kk will look for goals to win this game. Ts the last chance saloon for Myler so he better be quick on the line of things aren't working out!
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:05 pm

We need to mind TJ Reid and Fennelly at FF. If we do that it's half the battle
Breakin_ball

Postby Breakin_ball » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Am abroad and am gutted not to be at this, but have sorted it out over WiFi.

One thing that struck me in Mullingar last week, as it was such a small venue, it was possible to clearly hear the players and mentors during the game.

Cads and Bill Cooper stood out for me. Always keeping the young lads on their toes and organising the backs.

What struck was how passive John Meyler is.
Very little out of him. For the odd sideline or free at the far side of the pitch from him he would wave his hand signalling to play the ball to the opposite corner. But that was it.
Fraggie does get going and takes off into the field when required, but nobody else gets animated.
And I don't mean Davy Fitz animated.
I just remember when Sully was on the line.. He had lads on their toes.
I think it's missing from the current setup. A bit of fire
stfrancis

Postby stfrancis » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:16 pm

That's a very strong kilkenny half back line, their strongest line up against a hard working wing forwards and lehane who could be great or not so...…….this will be tight, kilkenny will hit everything that moves starting off
youngbob

Re: Cork Hurlers 20197

Postby youngbob » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:40 am

I've been reading posts from PRoC and some people think we're too cocky. It amazes me how they think their cockiness will affect the team. These players have been beaten on their last 2 or 3 visits to HQ, ddn't put up any fighting spirit in Ennis and just because some fellas are speaking pub talk, the players are going to believe it. Comments are only one person's view, not the opinion of the full set of supporters. I've news for ye guys the players are listening to ye at all. They more than likely don't even know this forum exists They know they have a job to do and if they follow their game plan they have a chance of a semi final and if they lose it won't be because of cockiness. Look at their championship so far in 2019, poor against Tipp and Clare, avarage vs Waterford and good against Limerick. Not really form that overwhelms any logical thinking supporter. So I'm going with hope but then again that's only my opinion.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Fast ball into the ff line please, they'll do damage
Twohands

Postby Twohands » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:42 pm

The KK goal sums up what is wrong with this Cork team. Two forwards didn’t even bother to try to block the defenders working the ball up the pitch. How many more times do we have to talk about work rate?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Second half so far. Too slow, too sloppy, too much fouling.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”