Cork Footballers 2019

Sinbin

Re: Cork Footballers 2019

Postby Sinbin » Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 pm

leesider wrote:Counihan appointed Project Co-ordinator:
https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-g ... 17810.html
Is this a salaried position?

Would imagine it has to be...it was publicly advertised and comes with a 3 year contract.

No doubt Conor has great football pedigree and organisational skills, and would seem like an ideal choice....but wasn't he part of the 3 man committee that drew up the 5 year plan and recommended the creation of this position?
leesider

Postby leesider » Thu May 16, 2019 6:57 pm

Sinbin wrote:
leesider wrote:Counihan appointed Project Co-ordinator:
https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-g ... 17810.html
Is this a salaried position?

Would imagine it has to be...it was publicly advertised and comes with a 3 year contract.

No doubt Conor has great football pedigree and organisational skills, and would seem like an ideal choice....but wasn't he part of the 3 man committee that drew up the 5 year plan and recommended the creation of this position?

Yeah that does seem a bit ridiculous in fairness. I have a lot of time for Conor (I'm actually related to him) and what he has done for Cork football is immeasurable but surely the members of that committee should have been excluded from applying for this position or any other positions whose creation was recommended by the report they put together?
Needless to say I won't be sharing that view with Conor :-).
You said the position was publicly advertised? Was the salary mentioned in the advert?
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Fri May 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Yerra sure it's not Bear Stearns or Lehman Bros.
Good luck with having gaelic football taught in all primary schools as part of the PE curriculum.
Good luck with formulating a long term policy for gaelic football in Cork and ensuring it is understood by all stakeholders.
Good luck with commencing work on GUARANTEEING all Secondary Schools in the county participate in post-primary competitions.

Can't wait to see who will Tracy appoint as High Performance Director and see his/her list of bullet point "TO-DO" tasks, or is it all
'Waxy nonsense, sugary PR and gobbledygook' as a well known spectacled barrister from Londonderry wants us to believe.
Norrback

Postby Norrback » Mon May 20, 2019 2:02 pm

ranty...aptly named...this is where all plans begin. It is no use slating the person who is trying to kick off a plan
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Mon May 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Norrback wrote:ranty...aptly named...this is where all plans begin. It is no use slating the person who is trying to kick off a plan

Strange comment when one wishes incumbent/s good luck or are you referring to Brolly?
northcorklad

Postby northcorklad » Wed May 22, 2019 7:58 pm

One week until championship team is announced, may as well have a cut off guessing what it could be considering injuries and league selection: White - Loughrey, Flahive, Dennehy - O'Donovan, Clon Clancy, Fermoy Clancy - O'Hanlon, Maguire - White, Collins, Deane - Micheal Hurley, Connolly, Kerrigan
Subs: Martin, Stephen Cronin, Kiely, Taylor, O'Toole, Kelleher, O'Rourke, Kevin O'Driscoll, Brian Hurley, Gore, Sherlock

I'm probably forgetting one or two fairly obvious ones in there somewhere but I think it won't be too far off that. I've put in Liam O'Donovan moreso in the hope that he's over the injury he got in the league, think he's a good prospect. Maybe Matt Taylor will be there ahead of Fermoy Clancy. I didn't see any of the league games where Kerrigan played but if it was as sweeper then I'm guessing he'll stick with that, although I'd have presumed there's enough defensive minded players in the panel to free one of our better shooters up the field. On paper you would say that probably looks a standard Division 2 team that could badly do with a fully fit top-class player like Powter. Should still beat Limerick as long as they don't revert back to the blanket defence and score with paucity.
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Wed May 22, 2019 10:22 pm

northcorklad wrote:One week until championship team is announced, may as well have a cut off guessing what it could be considering injuries and league selection: White - Loughrey, Flahive, Dennehy - O'Donovan, Clon Clancy, Fermoy Clancy - O'Hanlon, Maguire - White, Collins, Deane - Micheal Hurley, Connolly, Kerrigan
Subs: Martin, Stephen Cronin, Kiely, Taylor, O'Toole, Kelleher, O'Rourke, Kevin O'Driscoll, Brian Hurley, Gore, Sherlock

I'm probably forgetting one or two fairly obvious ones in there somewhere but I think it won't be too far off that. I've put in Liam O'Donovan moreso in the hope that he's over the injury he got in the league, think he's a good prospect. Maybe Matt Taylor will be there ahead of Fermoy Clancy. I didn't see any of the league games where Kerrigan played but if it was as sweeper then I'm guessing he'll stick with that, although I'd have presumed there's enough defensive minded players in the panel to free one of our better shooters up the field. On paper you would say that probably looks a standard Division 2 team that could badly do with a fully fit top-class player like Powter. Should still beat Limerick as long as they don't revert back to the blanket defence and score with paucity.

Fair stab NCL no Ryan, Powter what a shame , and a big loss Kevin Crowley.....you forgot Eoghan McSweeney, Sean Wilson, Tadgh Corkery, Aidan Browne , Paul Walsh all of these are on the panel....
exile67

Postby exile67 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:27 pm

I wouldn't have KOD, Loughrey, Fermoy or S. Cronin near that squad - they either never had it or are past it. I'd say at least two of em will start and the other two will make an appearance. None of em will hold onto their Kerry opponent a few weeks hence.
northcorklad

Postby northcorklad » Wed May 22, 2019 11:12 pm

CORKFAN wrote: Fair stab NCL no Ryan, Powter what a shame , and a big loss Kevin Crowley.....you forgot Eoghan McSweeney, Sean Wilson, Tadgh Corkery, Aidan Browne , Paul Walsh all of these are on the panel....

Knew I'd forgotten someone prominent, McSweeney has surely done enough to be starting as well. Could put Sean White back at half back in that case.
oileanach

Postby oileanach » Fri May 24, 2019 9:30 am

Driving out of my estate today and saw the Cork Senior Bainisteor swinging a bag of dog sh!t. Here's hoping that not a metaphor for Cork football's summer ahead.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”