Cork Senior Hurling 2020

youngbob

Re: Cork Senior Hurling 2020

Postby youngbob » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:07 am

And replace them with what? We haven't won an all Ireland in any shape or form at any level in 15 long years. We're stuck[/quote]
Hopefully we'll give Dalton a run in the league and we'll see how he does, God knows he can't be any worse than Lehane. We need guys who can win a ball, that way we don't have to play tippy tappy hurling to place the ball into the hands of the HF line. Tasty club hurlers are not what we need, we've played light flaky hurlers for too long. Give the bigger boys a chance to rise the intensity in our play
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:46 am

I saw the second half on the Examiner Facebook page and I absolutely agree with Over40sHurler. The space the Limerick players were given was unreal. It made them look like superstars. Do those fellows want to play hurling for Cork, or not? And management must take it’s share of the blame for allowing that to happen throughout the second half. And then bringing Tommy O’Connell on with a minute left and the team 10 points down. What the hell did they expect him to do? That’s no way to treat any player.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:44 am

Still no reports on any game from the weekend on our esteemed website. That's pitiful. What's the point of an upgrade if your not gonna do that. What's the pro doing?
hurlinghero

Postby hurlinghero » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:05 pm

What was the point in lining out on Saturday if every player wasn't going to put in a decent shift and try their best. Maybe that is the level we are at and if so its better we know now and save us the cost of following them for the year. I am sorry to say it just seems a continuation of what was served up last year particularly in the league. The established players do not seem to be prepared to put the effort in and set a standard to encourage and bring on the younger players brought in. Younger players need to have players they look up to and management will have to adopt the Davy Fitz approach if we are to go anywhere. Example wexford's display at the weekend.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:24 pm

tipp-ex wrote:Still no reports on any game from the weekend on our esteemed website. That's pitiful. What's the point of an upgrade if your not gonna do that. What's the pro doing?

Here's the 42's report. It doesn't amount to much, but it gives the scorers and subs. James Keating came on in the 71st minute! Where is the logic in that?

https://www.the42.ie/limerick-cork-munster-league-4954766-Jan2020/
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:02 pm

Prob to embarrassed to post a report. Completely bullied in 2nd half. The Cork lads playing for UCC yesterday didn't really stand out either. Not a great weekend for the county over all.
Handyandy

Postby Handyandy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:29 pm

Matty Hislop wrote:Prob to embarrassed to post a report. Completely bullied in 2nd half. The Cork lads playing for UCC yesterday didn't really stand out either. Not a great weekend for the county over all.
Ah TBG our football minors & u20s are kings of the castle. Great to see u20s handle Galway comfortably Saturday evening in Mallow. Real green shoots . Sam to me back on Lee side within 6 yrs!
donal66

Postby donal66 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:55 am

Early days Rebelheads, a bit too soon methinks to be getting too down on ourselves,
we are where we are, in Munster well behind Tipp and Limerick,
we'll be in a dogfight with Clare and Waterford for 3rd spot
Cornerback1977

Postby Cornerback1977 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Folk are getting much too carried away on the match Saturday night even-though it was a disappointing performance in its own right. It is a long season ahead and we have a good squad, as good as any team out there including Tipp or Limerick. Tipp haven't beaten us in Thurles since 2016 and a look at any recent history will tell you Limerick struggle against us. Even when we had a bad 2019 we still managed to beat Limerick twice in Limerick and I firmly believe we simply have the better hurlers. If we can get the attitude, team set-up, movement and style of play right then a lot of Saturday nights perceived weaknesses will disappear and who knows how the season will end up. I still have the image from the pitch side celebrations from Munster Final 2017 in my head. You could sense the bond that existed between Kingston, his management team and the players. It was a magical year when you look back at where we came from earlier that year when we lost poorly above in Nowlan Park in the league and were 5th favourites for the Munster Championship but all of a sudden things started to turn for the better. It would be brilliant for this year to add in another 2-3 young hurlers to start in Championship hurling while staying competitive and see where that can take us. Definitely have a few options there.
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:13 pm

Cornerback1977 wrote:Folk are getting much too carried away on the match Saturday night even-though it was a disappointing performance in its own right. It is a long season ahead and we have a good squad, as good as any team out there including Tipp or Limerick. Tipp haven't beaten us in Thurles since 2016 and a look at any recent history will tell you Limerick struggle against us. Even when we had a bad 2019 we still managed to beat Limerick twice in Limerick and I firmly believe we simply have the better hurlers. If we can get the attitude, team set-up, movement and style of play right then a lot of Saturday nights perceived weaknesses will disappear and who knows how the season will end up. I still have the image from the pitch side celebrations from Munster Final 2017 in my head. You could sense the bond that existed between Kingston, his management team and the players. It was a magical year when you look back at where we came from earlier that year when we lost poorly above in Nowlan Park in the league and were 5th favourites for the Munster Championship but all of a sudden things started to turn for the better. It would be brilliant for this year to add in another 2-3 young hurlers to start in Championship hurling while staying competitive and see where that can take us. Definitely have a few options there.

We do have a very good panel of players I firmly believe that too but we need to get physical ! we are just too nice you need fellas that can take it and give it its time to stand up ...what is alarming in the decade finished we did not win any All-Ireland in Minor, u20/21, or senior ...what gives me hope is we have started to reach finals Minor in 17, u21 in 18 and u20 in 19 and while we lost those at least fellas have got some experience and some of those players have now won Fitzgibbon Cups as well ...so it leaves me believe we can get to the promised land ...Rebels Abu !

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”