Cork Senior Hurling 2020

over40hurler

Re: Cork Senior Hurling 2020

Postby over40hurler » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:08 pm

So we are supposed to forget last year happened are we. We beat limerick and a depleted Waterford side and the might of Westmeath and were then beaten by a poor kk side who rolled right over us, and now we have started the year with the same players who are adopting the same attitude. The definition of madness is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We have a full back who thinks he is in the mma and waves his hurley around like a sword,we have a player who is there to catch Nashs puckouts...one small problem he cant catch a puckout. We are trying to convert Cooper in to a CB , who exactly is going to fill his role in midfield? .It stinks of desperation. When Limerick upped a gear the other night and just one, they outscored Cork 18 to 6. Its amazing how when we win it it is a good stepping stone but when we get absolutely hammered it is a nothing game. Limerick had nothing to prove I dont think the same could be said of Cork,we are not so successful that can perform like that and not expect there to be some residual effect. Winning creates a habit of winning ,conversely so losing creates a losing habit. 14 years and counting.
cahirofcork

Postby cahirofcork » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:42 pm

over40hurler wrote:So we are supposed to forget last year happened are we. We beat limerick and a depleted Waterford side and the might of Westmeath and were then beaten by a poor kk side who rolled right over us, and now we have started the year with the same players who are adopting the same attitude. The definition of madness is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We have a full back who thinks he is in the mma and waves his hurley around like a sword,we have a player who is there to catch Nashs puckouts...one small problem he cant catch a puckout. We are trying to convert Cooper in to a CB , who exactly is going to fill his role in midfield? .It stinks of desperation. When Limerick upped a gear the other night and just one, they outscored Cork 18 to 6. Its amazing how when we win it it is a good stepping stone but when we get absolutely hammered it is a nothing game. Limerick had nothing to prove I dont think the same could be said of Cork,we are not so successful that can perform like that and not expect there to be some residual effect. Winning creates a habit of winning ,conversely so losing creates a losing habit. 14 years and counting.

Well said. I don't give a shit if we lose, unfortunately it's becoming all too common, what I hate is seeing the same shit tactics as last year which got us nowhere, being implemented again this year from the get go.... and the same lackadaisical attitude on the field. It seems it's harder to get off that panel than stay on it.
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:09 am

Kingston is after confirming that Kearny will not be taking part this year. Huge loss. Always managed to come away with dirty ball and consistently chipped in on the scoreboard.
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:22 pm

Matty Hislop wrote:Kingston is after confirming that Kearny will not be taking part this year. Huge loss. Always managed to come away with dirty ball and consistently chipped in on the scoreboard.

I said it a few weeks ago that Daniel won't be involved this year. In spite of a few posts on ProC, there was no tension between KK and Kearney. It's a simple case of not having the time to commit for the upcoming season. He hasn't ruled himself out of giving it another bash next year but he has been up front and made it known as early as he could. I've not doubt if he commits next year he will get up to speed with IC hurling in no time at all.
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:01 pm

Will the team be named tonight? What do ye hope/expect? No UCC lads taking part but those in CIT could feature as they are out. The Fr O'Neills lads will probably be given a break. We might not see much of a change from the last day.
corkbrian

Postby corkbrian » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:17 pm

The Cork Senior Hurling Team to play Waterford in Round 1 of the National Hurling League has been announced

Anthony Nash (Kanturk)

Niall O’Leary (Castlelyons)
Robert Downey(Glen Rovers)
Sean O’Donoghue (Inniscarra)

Chris O’Leary (Valley Rovers)
Tim O’Mahony (Newtownshandrum)
Damien Cahalane (St Finbarr’s)

Bill Cooper (Youghal)
Mark Coleman (Blarney)

Seamus Harnedy (St Itas)
Darragh Fitzgibbon (Charleville)
Aidan Walsh (Kanturk)

Conor Lehane (Midleton)
Shane Kingston (Douglas)
Patrick Horgan (Capt) (Glen Rovers)

Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig)
Sean O’Leary Hayes (Midleton)
Colm Spillane (Castlelyons)
David Lowney (Clonakilty)
Luke Meade (Newcestown)
Robbie O’Flynn (Erins Own)
Sean Twomey (Courcey Rovers)
Alan Cadogan (Douglas)
Michael O’Halloran (Blackrock)
Brian Turnbull (Douglas)
Billy Hennessy (St Finbarr’s)
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:22 pm

Well I was totally wrong re the UCC players :D
I like the look of that team. Be good to see Downey at FB and Coleman midfield. Looking forward to the game.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:24 pm

Strong enough team and an interesting one at that. I'm liking a few positions like Darragh Fitz at centre forward and Mark Coleman at MF. Apart from them 2, our middle third are all big men, especially that half back line. Lehane needs to step up now.
Looking forward to it
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:58 pm

Pleased enough with that starting set up especially FB. 3 big men in the HB line.ToM didn't really work out in the middle of the pitch so it will be interesting to see how Coleman gels with Cooper. At last a HF line that will challenge when the opposition have the ball, which should ease the pressure on our defense. Twomey can feel a little disappointed but hopefully he'll get a run out. Kingston is on fire with UCC so he deserves a go at FF.
cahirofcork

Postby cahirofcork » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:58 pm

Glad to see they've ditched the farce of not picking Fitzgibbon playing players. It was a massive self inflicted wound to us last year. The Cork senior team trumps it every day of the week afaic.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”