Cork Senior Hurling 2020

bronxrebe;

Re: Cork Senior Hurling 2020

Postby bronxrebe; » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:36 pm

tipp-ex wrote:Ya I'd like to back up the scoreboard problem, first thing I noticed was the big one from last week was gone. Don't know where.
Then during the camogie match I saw that the one behind the City end wasn't working and the owner one wasn't working properly. You'd need binoculars to read it from the stands.

Its beggers belief that we dont have a proper scoreboard inside or outside in "the centre of excellence"
New stadium, old scoreboards (that don't work properly).
Incredible but at the same time not surprising

It’s the most Irish thing ever.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:00 pm

I got a reply from the PRO this morning, saying that he will pass my views on to the Stadium management.

I think this is something reporters should take up with the county board. Or the delegates might mention it.
Tanora

Postby Tanora » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:52 pm

Any season ticket holders not have their attendance updated from the Tipp game?
expat

Postby expat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:33 pm

I think there might actually be a bit of optimism around. The big nomination question is who will not make it out of Munster if its not us. Clare and Waterford is it? I think we would make it out of Leinster easier.

Looks like some mainstays are developing. Cahalane at 5 looks to be nailed on. Downey at 3. cadogan at 4 means a following men policy can be adopted as 2,3,4 need to be comfortable at full back. Spillane fits this bill too I would have Millerick in there too if he is fit. His willingness for ugly work is fantastic. In many ways he is the opposite of Mark Ellis in that he never shirks the man to man role at the expense of his own game. Cooper at 6 to be the quarter back with a steely core has a nice look about it. Coleman is not a marker in the way that Cody loves his half backs and is better deployed in 8/9 . Fitzgibbon needs to be where its at. I am probably alone in saying that I thought he was quiet enough in the Fitzgibbon final. Hoggie, Harnedy, Cadogan, nailed on. O Mahony and Kingston and Walsh/Dalton makes the team look strong. The first game again Limerick is so important.

1 Collins/Nash
Spillane Downey Cadogan
Cahalane Cooper Millerick
Coleman Fitzgibbon
O Mahony Harnedy Walsh/Dalton
Cadogan Hoggie Kingston
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Quarter Back? Are they adopting American football rules now?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:37 pm

I hope they play panel members this weekend
expat

Postby expat » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:27 pm

Dorcha wrote:Quarter Back? Are they adopting American football rules now?

No they are not,
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:30 pm

1.Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig) 2. Sean O' Leary - Hayes (Midleton) 3. Eoin Cadogan (Douglas) 4. Colm Spillane (Castlelyons) 5. Tim o' Mahony (Newtownshandrum) 6. Bill Cooper (Youghal) 7.Damien Cahalane (St Finbarr's) 8.Chris O' Leary (Valley Rovers) 9.Aidan Walsh (Kanturk) 10. Robbie O' Flynn (Erins Own) 11. Seamus Harnedy (St Itas) 12.Conor Lehane (Midleton) 13. Declan Dalton (Fr O' Neills) 14. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers) - Captain 15. Jack O' Connor (Sarsfields)

16. Ger Collins (Ballinhassig) 17. Niall O' Leary (Castlelyons) 18. Robert Downey (Glen Rovers) 19. Christopher Joyce (Na Piarsaigh) 20. Billy Hennessy (St Finbarr's) 21. Conor Cahalane (St Finbarr's) 22. Sean Twomey (Courcey Rovers) 23. Michael O' Halloran (Blackrock) 24. Michael Cahalane (Bandon) 25. Luke Meade (Newcestown) 26. Brian Turnbull (Douglas)

Lots of these fellas should have been rested imo. Hoggie should be sitting at home with his pipe and slippers along with the Fitzgibbon players, we're playing Westmeath ffs
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:20 pm

I find it pointless that they play Hoggie in a game like this. No disrespect to Weatmeath but Hoggie doesn't need to be playing this game. He's been blessed so far that hasn't had any serious injures but is at the age now when they can begin to pile up. Look at Canning with Galway.. I think he is overplayed and targeted by teams and thus is picking up more injuries lately.

Good to see M Calahane back in panel after injury but I fear he might be on/off the panel too much (no fault of his own) to make an impact. And again Joyce has put in a serious shift to get back but I don't think he should be near the staring team and a even fresh faces for cover at 5 is needed. Would of started one of Turnbull or Twomey. Two big men in the middle, again, grand for this game but not a combination that would work in championship I believe. Lehane started in this fixture last year and didn't do much, dropping him might be a better way of getting his mojo/hunger back rather than giving repeated chances especially against a weaker opposition. It worked with Horgan under Kingston. I want to see more of Dalton in the league, coz this is the step up we talk about and hoped he could make. He didn't play Fitzgibbon so needs all the county action he can get to prove himself.
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:56 pm

The Westmeath game tomorrow was a chance for management to try out a different CB, as Cooper is starting there again it must be seen as a clear intension to the panel Bill will be the No 6 for this season. If that's the case he will need as much gametime there as possible. Damo looks like he will also be only considered at HB, where so far he had done very well. Delighted Pa Collins is getting another start, there will be pressure put on Nash come championship. I also think E Cadogan will have to step up to the plate if he is to be pushing for a start in the summer too. The mindset of the modern players know that finishers of a game must be just as strong as starters. In the past number of years that wasn't always evident, so hopefully the starters tomorrow give the management plenty of food for thought so that come championship the sideline won't be as hesitant as they have been at times so far in the league.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”