Other GAA

producer ben

Re: Other GAA

Postby producer ben » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:40 pm

Dorcha wrote:I wonder is Paudie Palmer posting on the PROC as "Cool Kat Danny Pat"? The poster admits to being from Kerry, and writes the same rambling nonsense, has the same vague knowledge of hurling and constantly refers to Cork as Corcaigh.

That fella is a pure WUM. Doubt it's Paudie. There's plenty of animals living in Cork. Could be any of them :lol:
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:04 pm

Well if its Paudie (which I doubt very much), we're better off readin him than listenin to him
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Leinster Final Replay

Galway 1-28; Kilkenny 3-15

After faltering in the second half, Galway come good in the last 10 minutes. Kilkenny again have to take the road less travelled and it doesn't usually suit them, because of the amount of energy they expend.
Twohands

Postby Twohands » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:18 pm

It was an interesting game. Galway started like a team that meant business, unlike last week. The game plan seemed to be to keep the ball moving and not allow any ricks to develop. Fast hand passes and stick passes instead of dwelling on possession. That worked well until they seemed to run out of steam in the heat and the pace and workfare dropped. James Owens gave Galway very little in the second half, KK got a soft enough goal (Galway full back line gets drawn to the ball too easily in around the square) and Galway still won pulling up having survived a scare. Will be tough to beat if they keep hurling like they did in the first half. Powerful in the air at the back too which does not bode well for us should we meet them.
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:37 pm

Do I have this right?

-Clare and Kilkenny win, we get Kilkenny.
-Clare and Limerick win, we get Limerick.
-Wexford and Kilkenny win, we get Kilkenny.
-Wexford and Limerick win, we get Wexford.

If so which do you prefer? I think the best route is Wexford with Limerick taking on Galway. I think that gives Galway the toughest route. Although an argument could be made that Clare could be a tougher out for Galway.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Yes, I think Wexford would be our best bet, but I think we could handle Kilkenny if that is the way things work out.

For the first Kilkkenny goal, the Kilkenny player took about ten or eleven steps to set it up. He was being fouled, but in that case, follow the rules and give the penalty. This "advantage" nonsense is making a farce of the game.
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:50 pm

https://amp.independent.ie/sport/gaelic ... 89776.html

Interesting article on the Polish S&C coach that is working with Galway.
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:53 am

Did anybody notice M Duignan calling for a black card to be introduced to hurling while commentating on the Galway KK game? And in todays examiner I see our Frank suggesting a sin bin or black card.

What are they at. Since its introduction into football most pundits are calling for it to go and now they want to bring it into hurling.
Didn't we try the sin bin a few years ago and, rightly IMO, it never took off. No doubt you would see refs pointing to the sin bin for the slights infringements and it could ruin the game. I hope any ideas like this get shot down quickly.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:21 am

The black card has always been nothing more than a cop-out. It was introduced in their efforts to ape soccer and to appear not to be doing so. If cards have to be used at all (I have my doubts), then a yellow for a pull-down, followed by a second and a red for a repeat offence is sufficient. Deliberately striking an opponent was always a sending-off. If the opponent strikes back then they both go off. Why make a simple thing complicated? All those silly proposals come from people who have been too long in the job and feel they have to be doing something to prove their relevance.
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:35 pm

Who you got this weekend?

I think it’s all Munster. Wexford hasn’t fired at all this year. I also think if Kilkenny was named anything else they would be huge underdogs with the workload they have endured of late.

Cork vs Limerick in the semi.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”