Other GAA

Ranty
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:24 am

Re: Other GAA

Postby Ranty » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Dorcha wrote:The sum total of O’Rourke’s punditry for me:

Michael Lester: Why do Kerry always seem to have the upper hand on Cork?
Colm O’Rourke: I suppose Kerry have a better class of player.


Good question and a good answer too even if he does leave out the word 'presently'.
The records don't lie.
User avatar
Dorcha
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Re: Other GAA

Postby Dorcha » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Ranty wrote:
Dorcha wrote:The sum total of O’Rourke’s punditry for me:

Michael Lester: Why do Kerry always seem to have the upper hand on Cork?
Colm O’Rourke: I suppose Kerry have a better class of player.


Good question and a good answer too even if he does leave out the word 'presently'.
The records don't lie.


I have a feeling we have had this conservation before, Ranty. I don't consider it a good answer. I consider it a cop-out by a paid analyst who couldn't be bothered answering the question properly.

I detest Colm O'Rourke and not because he's a Meath man.
Twohands
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:47 pm

Re: Other GAA

Postby Twohands » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Ranty, Tommy’s main regret seems to be that he got sucked in by the media coverage leading up to the replay. Colm O’Rourke would probably have a little wry smile at the thought that he could have shown a few more the line that day, but you can see why he’d be happy enough with having the same ref for a replay! ;)

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/ke ... 25956.html
Ranty
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:24 am

Re: Other GAA

Postby Ranty » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:48 pm

Twohands wrote:Ranty, Tommy’s main regret seems to be that he got sucked in by the media coverage leading up to the replay. Colm O’Rourke would probably have a little wry smile at the thought that he could have shown a few more the line that day, but you can see why he’d be happy enough with having the same ref for a replay! ;)

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/ke ... 25956.html


I could indeed Dhá Lámh. He'd have an even bigger wry smile if he was in a certain supermarket in upper Tralee a few days after that game in '88
and overheard Sugrue's comment to a fellow animal about how he sorted them ***********rs from across the county bounds.
He didn't of course realise that one of those ************rs was right behind him within earshot.
The writer of that flowery and glowing with praise article in the Kerryman forgot to put his name to it? I couldn't find it anyway.

No problem Dorcha. I have my own 'detest basket' also, but Colm isn't in it.........yet anyway.
Maby you would say what he has done to merit your ire?
User avatar
Dorcha
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Re: Other GAA

Postby Dorcha » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Ranty wrote:
Twohands wrote:Ranty, Tommy’s main regret seems to be that he got sucked in by the media coverage leading up to the replay. Colm O’Rourke would probably have a little wry smile at the thought that he could have shown a few more the line that day, but you can see why he’d be happy enough with having the same ref for a replay! ;)

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/ke ... 25956.html


I could indeed Dhá Lámh. He'd have an even bigger wry smile if he was in a certain supermarket in upper Tralee a few days after that game in '88
and overheard Sugrue's comment to a fellow animal about how he sorted them ***********rs from across the county bounds.
He didn't of course realise that one of those ************rs was right behind him within earshot.
The writer of that flowery and glowing with praise article in the Kerryman forgot to put his name to it? I couldn't find it anyway.

No problem Dorcha. I have my own 'detest basket' also, but Colm isn't in it.........yet anyway.
Maby you would say what he has done to merit your ire?


It's his general attitude when asked to analyse any game Cork are involved in. It would kill him to give Cork any praise. Anything good that Cork footballers do he negates by saying the opposition were poor or weren't fully focused or were lackadaisical.
exile67
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:21 pm

Re: Other GAA

Postby exile67 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:14 pm

And as the Kerry boys said in the weeks after the '88 final: "We knew Tommy wouldn't let us down."
Ranty
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:24 am

Re: Other GAA

Postby Ranty » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:58 pm

exile67 wrote:And as the Kerry boys said in the weeks after the '88 final: "We knew Tommy wouldn't let us down."


And he didn't either . Tramp
Ranty
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:24 am

Re: Other GAA

Postby Ranty » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Can't say I noticed that Dorcha. In all fairness the performances of Cork footballers these recent years don't merit much praise?
You should have heard some of the things I say about them when I see Kerrigan back as a sweeper or Connolly's slide rule 50 meter
cross field pass to nobody in particular or one of our smallest defenders going into a head on tackle and losing the ball to an eager forward.
The list of game losing endeavors inflicted on us poor supporters is tough to take but thank God the current crop of young players are at last
doing most of the right things and Colm will come on board with high praise for Cork football when it deserves it.
How could any serious analyst give praise to our recent ráméis and drop to Division 3 and very close to dropping out of the top 20 football teams.
He didn't p1ss on my cornflakes----------- yet anyway. :lol:
Sinbin
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Re: Other GAA

Postby Sinbin » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Have an awful feeling, Ranty...that Kerry are going to take the Dubs down on Saturday...whatcha think??

I know all the odds & experts & logic still say Dublin....but mine is an irrational feeling based on it being Kerry, and Kerry being Kerry!
Ranty
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:24 am

Re: Other GAA

Postby Ranty » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:28 pm

Sinbin wrote:Have an awful feeling, Ranty...that Kerry are going to take the Dubs down on Saturday...whatcha think??

I know all the odds & experts & logic still say Dublin....but mine is an irrational feeling based on it being Kerry, and Kerry being Kerry!


God forbid "Sinbin", but I see where you're coming from.
I see Mark O Shé is doing his bit today in the Zaminer telling all gaels, particularly in Banteer how big and strong the Dubs are and how weak
and tender the Kerry team is, and almost begging him to protect these 'ladeens' from the Dublin bully boys.
Have no doubt, Leen will roll out another 'ligind' tomorrow and Saturday attempting to sway the Banteer man.
That border crossing up around Nadd should be blocked until Sunday to keep out the Examiner van and Leen's propaganda gutter press.

To answer your question...............None of their tricks will succeed this time. Lane won't swallow their diving or mouthing and the Dubs
will win handy enough. Expect Fenton to cut loose on Saturday evening and have McCarthy beside him to keep Barry occupied.
I was wrong once though, so don't go taking that 3/10 odds. :lol:

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests