Other GAA

Lurker

Re: Other GAA

Postby Lurker » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:49 pm

tipp-ex wrote:My guess is that it's a Munster Club fixture so it's nothing to do with the Cork website.

This is it I'd say also. To be fair, Russell Rovers are playing in the Munster Junior Hurling competition and this isn't mentioned on the home page either, nor is Éire Óg v Templenoe or Nemo v Stacks.

The more comprehensive listings are in 'County Championship Programme' link on the right hand side of the page. This is updated regularly and includes all of the Munster games too - http://www.gaacork.ie/news/10050355/Cou ... gamme_2019

tipp-ex wrote:Best of luck to Kilshannig. Where is Na Gaeil, I'm guessing somewhere outside Tralee

They're from the town itself.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Every day is a school day. Thanks guys.
Purely from an efficiently point of view it would make sense to have "fixtures" involving Cork teams
playing in Cork, under the Fixtures heading.................just saying like :twisted:
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:36 pm

Stroll in the park for Na Gael.
Score on 29 mins...........Na Gael 1-5 Kilshannig 0-0. The goal was was a present. Mix up by defenders. It dribbled in.
Kilshannig then replaced keeper O Dea after a school yard kick out which should have yielded another goal. It didn't.
Dubious penalty awarded which young Eanna O Hanlon buried.
Kilshannig scored the 1st point in 2nd half to come within 4 but sadly it was a false dawn.
Not about to write a match report as it wasn't a match.
The Tralee lads took over completely in the second half with Jack Barry and Diarmuid O Connor lording mid field.
Killian O Hanlon seemed to be a lost soul and rarely looked for the ball. He did not play at mid field.
His brother Eanna is a promising footballer and along with No 5 Colm O Shea, tried hard to stem the tide of relentless pressure
from the Kerrymen.
The final score of 2-11 to 2-3 just about reflects the difference in class here but we were told that some of the Kilshannig lads
overdid the electric lemonade consumption well into the week. Understandable I suppose, but it's never easy to watch a Kerry football team ride roughshod over a Cork football team. In fact it makes me "wommit" and the Morris Minor could be slow to start tomorrow
after the kick I drew on her before leaving Mallow. :lol: :lol: :lol:
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:07 pm

More strolls in the park today it looks like, for Templenoe (rural depopulation epicentre) and Nemo Rangers (aristocarats of Cork football), no suprises on the cards
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:26 pm

103FM would really leave you baffled. All games today at 1.30 so we'll wait till the second half surely?

No. Couple of live games on IN CORK but lets put on a reply of the Intermediate hurling commentary from yesterday instead.

Bizzare
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:15 pm

Borrisoleigh win Munster Senior, beating Ballygunner by a point in the rain earlier in PUR
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:26 pm

The pitch held up well, although it looked bare in patches due perhaps to over-use while the other place is in intensive care. Interesting game in spite of the constant downpour.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:11 pm

Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:08 pm

Go out on a high before things got stale. Sensible decision. I wonder if Brian Cody will regret staying on in later years.
leesider

Postby leesider » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Probably got tired of cheating his way to the All-Ireland.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”