Other GAA

Ranty

Re: Other GAA

Postby Ranty » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:17 pm

leesider wrote:

Probably got tired of cheating his way to the All-Ireland.

A trifle harsh there 'leesider'. Gavin didn't make the rules and most people say he's a modest gentleman.
I'd like to thank him for saving us from the incessant 'caca tarbh' dished out by our neighbours.
leesider

Postby leesider » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:15 pm

Jim Gavin consistently maintained that Dublin's success had nothing to do with money but down to "volunteerism".
Now that he is finished with his current job he might consider a career as a stand-up comedian.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:43 pm

Hard to credit that our national TV station, RTE 1 would produce an hour long programme entitled " 40 years of The Sunday Game "
and make no mention of 1990 when Cork did something that no other county did or are likely to do either.
Yes, JBM's goal against Galway in 1973 and John Fenton's wonder goal from mid field were flashed but no mention of the unique DOUBLE.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:00 pm

It wasn't much of a program to be honest. I recorded it to watch it and I was sorry I did.

The flashes of JBM's goal and John Fenton's were - like other brief scenes - only meant to give a flavour of what the program was about. They weren't (rightly) dwelling on individual performances of counties. It was the program which was the subject of the - er - program, not the GAA.

The one place where I was seriously annoyed was where they had one of the- producers I think? - on and he narrated how he decided to change the theme music of the Sunday Game and the negative reaction to it all through the year. He admitted he made a mistake. What he didn't admit was that, in spite of public opinion, he brazened it out for years, and refused to restore the James Last composition until long after people had been worn out from complaining about it and fallen silent. The words I would like to describe that individual wouldn't pass the censorship on this site.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:06 pm

I watched it tonight and quite enjoyed it. Dunno what Richie Hogan was doing on it though
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:23 am

What do people think of the new design of Cork GAA's website?

At the moment I'm missing how easy it was to see on the home page a list of upcoming fixturers alongside a list of fixtures played with the scorelines.

Maybe when I've investigated it a bit more I'll be happier. But I'm not at the moment.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:52 pm

Dorcha wrote:What do people think of the new design of Cork GAA's website?

At the moment I'm missing how easy it was to see on the home page a list of upcoming fixturers alongside a list of fixtures played with the scorelines.

Maybe when I've investigated it a bit more I'll be happier. But I'm not at the moment.

Im in the exact same boat, ill give it a week or so to see how I can handle it. Looks nice though and its mobile device friendly, whatever that means. Ive had a look at my app and it still looks the same, in fact its not updated since during the week. I wonder do I have to uninstall and install again? Ranty - your the man for tech?
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:20 pm

Sorry Tipp. My tech knowledge is knowing where to find the starting handle for the Morris Minor.
Didn't even know they had upgraded the site but had a quick look now having read the news here.
For me it's a backward step as the HISTORY heading is nowhere to be seen and that was my favourite. Perhaps it's somewhere in the background
under another heading? I'm the one wat needs help Tipp.

New Cork GAA website goes live
7th December 2019/by Cian O'Brien
Cork GAA have launched our new website. After weeks of meeting, planning and designing, the new, mobile responsive website is now live.

Cork GAA IT committee have developed the new website as part of a number of steps in the digital transformation for the County.

One of the major features of the new site is its mobile responsive across all platforms from mobile phones to tablets to laptops. The site will have live feeds from our social media pages and a new clubs home page with all the latest fixtures and results across all sections of Cork GAA feeding in.

The new website will be updated with further information in the coming days and weeks as competition programmes are announced.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Found it or some of it anyway under " About Us" and it won't make good reading for Ian Maguire.
He's not listed anywhere on the senior football panel............https://gaacork.ie/senior-panel/

and Stephen Cronin is now a forward OMG.

This looks like a rushed job or will they use the well hackneyed excuse of 'teething problems'?
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:41 pm

Ranty wrote:Found it or some of it anyway under " About Us" and it won't make good reading for Ian Maguire.
He's not listed anywhere on the senior football panel............https://gaacork.ie/senior-panel/

and Stephen Cronin is now a forward OMG.

This looks like a rushed job or will they use the well hackneyed excuse of 'teething problems'?

There's loads of data still missing. Not sure why they rushed it when it's not ready.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”