Other GAA

tipp-ex

Re: Other GAA

Postby tipp-ex » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:25 pm

Some old names resurfacing, like Bob and Ger. Christ almighty

Disappointing to see James Masters stepped away from the minors, he was key last year. Replaced by Peadar Healy who did nothing as senior manager.

And finally, don't be turning up late to Cork matches in February as the huge crowds can't be accommodated by our brand new stadium and newly trained stewards
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:45 pm

tipp-ex wrote:Some old names resurfacing, like Bob and Ger. Christ almighty

Disappointing to see James Masters stepped away from the minors, he was key last year. Replaced by Peadar Healy who did nothing as senior manager.

And finally, don't be turning up late to Cork matches in February as the huge crowds can't be accommodated by our brand new stadium and newly trained stewards

Tipp-ex, me thinks you have a finger on the pulse in relation to the new stadium.?
By any chance would you know why the eastern entrance/access isn't open for fans coming from the south ring and Blackrock.
I'm one of that lot and having walked a lot further than I like for lack of parking, we are then faced with walking the full length of this
huge edifice to gain access. No regard for auld lads and Morris Minors.
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:34 pm

What a score by Mark Coleman to put UCC into the final!
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:25 pm

Twas like a wonder point as theyd say in the Premierleague
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:57 pm

I see on the Sunday Game how Roscommon and Clare tried to confuse the neutral spectator today by wearing each other's jerseys.
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:48 am

tipp-ex wrote:Twas like a wonder point as theyd say in the Premierleague

A worldie :D
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:07 pm

I find the new County Board website very slow to load. I don’t know much about it, but I dabbled in website creation in an amateur fashion many moons ago, and the main cause of slow loading then was if a site was graphically top-heavy or had animations.

The County Board uses very large graphics as icons; surely they could be a bit smaller? My eyesight mightn’t be great but a totally blind person could nearly see those. I had a look at the pictures they use as icons and some are in jpg format and some in the “new” png format. It seems they are putting them up in whatever format they were saved in originally. You’d think they would make an effort to have a standard format. The smallest graphic format, (I think) is still gif. There are plenty of free picture converters available on the internet.

The whole thing has an air of being constructed by a scvhoolchild.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:28 pm

Dorcha wrote:I find the new County Board website very slow to load. I don’t know much about it, but I dabbled in website creation in an amateur fashion many moons ago, and the main cause of slow loading then was if a site was graphically top-heavy or had animations.

The County Board uses very large graphics as icons; surely they could be a bit smaller? My eyesight mightn’t be great but a totally blind person could nearly see those. I had a look at the pictures they use as icons and some are in jpg format and some in the “new” png format. It seems they are putting them up in whatever format they were saved in originally. You’d think they would make an effort to have a standard format. The smallest graphic format, (I think) is still gif. There are plenty of free picture converters available on the internet.

The whole thing has an air of being constructed by a scvhoolchild.

I agree. It is really Division 3 stuff. :evil:
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:37 pm

Ya I find it slow to load. Looks nice but the older one was probably better. The results section was more user friendly
cahirofcork

Postby cahirofcork » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:10 pm

UCC giving an exhibition of puke hurling in the first half, trying to handpass their way up the field and getting ate alive in possession. Awful shit to watch. Kingston has about 4 defenders ready to descend on him when the ball does get to him. Robert Downey taken out of full back after conceding 2 poor goals.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”