Cork Footballers 2017

Big Cut No Bandage

Re: Cork Footballers (McGrath Cup 2017)

Postby Big Cut No Bandage » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 pm

The Cork Senior Football team to play Galway in the Allianz Football league next Sunday in Pearse Stadium, Galway has been announced as follows.

1. Ryan Price - (O Donovan Rossa)

2. John McLoughlin - (Kanturk)

3. Tom Clancy - (Clonakilty)

4. Kevin Crowley - (Millstreet)

5. Conor Dorman - (Bishopstown)

6. James Loughrey - (Mallow)

7. Stephen Cronin - (Nemo Rangers)

8. Aidan Walsh - (Kanturk)

9. Ian Maguire - (St Finbarr's)

10. Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)

11. Sean Powter - (Douglas)

12. Mark Collins - (Castlehaven)

13. Niall Coakley - (St Judes)

14. Peter Kelleher - (Kilmichael)

15. Paul Kerrigan - (Nemo Rangers) - Captain

Subs:

16. Ken O'Halloran - (Bishopstown)

17. Barry O Driscoll - (Nemo Rangers)

18. Brian O Driscoll - (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)

19. Colm O Neill - (Ballyclough)

20. Gary Murphy - (Castletownbere)

21. John Mullins - (Eire Og)

22. John O Rourke - (Carbery Rangers)

23. Luke Connolly - (Nemo Rangers)

24. Matthew Taylor - (Mallow)

25. Michael Shields - (St Finbarrs)

26. Tomas Clancy - (Fermoy)
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Strange to see McLoughlin starting at No2 and Shields in the subs.
Apart from that it looks like a decent football team that could win.

You will be missed in Salthill GBM.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:02 pm

I kinda like that team
Nemo Ranger

Postby Nemo Ranger » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:40 pm

I have to say i like it too. I like the backs. Interesting to see how Walsh and Maguire will go in midfield. The full forward line looks really dangerous. Plenty scores there if they get enough ball. A nice mix of youth and experience on the bench. A little surprised not to see Sean White on the panel. Is he injured. I would also put Micheal Martin ahead of Ken O'Halloran as a Keeper.
Keyboard_warrior

Postby Keyboard_warrior » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:10 am

That back line does not fill me with confidence. Clearly there is going to be 3 across the middle with Deane slotting in there and Powter may drop deep, but they'll need it.

How John McLoughlin is starting a league game again I don't know. We knew 5 years ago that he wasn't up to this level. Don't think Clancy is a fullback, don't think Crowley is a corner back (he's a potentially excellent wing back). Midfield is potentially very strong. Forward line will be depended on how they set up. Getting Kerrigan on the ball running into space will be key obviously. Kelleher and Coakley could be a useful partnership given the right service.

Few good options on the bench. Good to see Barry O'Driscoll back. This is one of the tougher games in the division so it's important not to drop points if promotion is to be achieved.
stfrancis

Postby stfrancis » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:11 am

as outlined by the warrior above that is a poor defence by any standard. Not sure about coakley at all but now we will see. With kerrigan,powter and collins there is plenty of pace but they need ball. Bench is very strong in fairness and good to see barry o driscoll and john o rourke back. Are noel galvin and kevin o driscoll still involved?
breweryboy

Postby breweryboy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:19 pm

agree on the concerns with the backline. Maybe Loughrey will switch with Crowley before throw in. Crowley may be a better option in the half backline, great to see him back. Hope he stays injury free now so that we can see if he's able for the step up to intercounty senior. Very surprised McLoughlin is on the panel, never mind the team. But presumably this is being picked on form, so best of luck to the lad. Wouldn't have Clancy full back either, but maybe it's needs must in the absence of Cadogan, and maybe Shields is not yet up to speed. Sean White is injured and won't be available for a while. That midfield is great on paper, but Aidan needs to really step it up to get back to his 2010-12 levels. With Deane selected, as someone said, maybe that's a third midfielder or seventh defender tactic. Best of luck to all involved, this is a tough game and an important one.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:55 pm

I hope Peadar and the boys play the team selected after the big debate at last convention about dummy teams. There could be serious consequences of someone gets injured in the warm-up. Fingers crossed between here and 2pm
tipp-ex

Re: Cork Footballers 2017

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Cork lead by 1-3 to 0-5 at HT, Kerrigan goal. Sound like better team but 9 wides against the wind.

2 changes before throw in, there will have to be an investigation
leesider

Re: Cork Footballers 2017

Postby leesider » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:03 pm

All Galway on the second half so far.They are two points up.Usual second half meltdown from Cork.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”