The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

tipp-ex

Re: The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 pm

All these "statements" are basically referring to various aspects of the absolute mess that the old regime left behind. To be fair, KOD is in the job only 2 months and it's been a fairly impressive start from him early door. His handprints are all over these statements.

Interesting that John O Flynn was asked, he's from the financial field ya? Who's the other lad, Gray?
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:36 am

tipp-ex wrote:All these "statements" are basically referring to various aspects of the absolute mess that the old regime left behind. To be fair, KOD is in the job only 2 months and it's been a fairly impressive start from him early door. His handprints are all over these statements.

Interesting that John O Flynn was asked, he's from the financial field ya? Who's the other lad, Gray?

It was Michael O'Flynn and Tom Gray, Tipp-Ex. Both are on the PUC board. Michael O' Flynn is a property developer and I think that Tom Gray is from a financial/construction background as well.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:02 am

I blame the step dancing on the opening day for the state of the Pairc. That blondie wan was digging huge holes with her high stepping. :lol:
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:56 am

Podsy wrote:
tipp-ex wrote:All these "statements" are basically referring to various aspects of the absolute mess that the old regime left behind. To be fair, KOD is in the job only 2 months and it's been a fairly impressive start from him early door. His handprints are all over these statements.

It was Michael O'Flynn and Tom Gray, Tipp-Ex. Both are on the PUC board. Michael O' Flynn is a property developer and I think that Tom Gray is from a financial/construction background as well.

Sorry, apologies to the lads involved
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 pm

New pitch for below according to Chairperson Tracy
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:23 pm

tipp-ex wrote:New pitch for below according to Chairperson Tracy

Yerra sure that five year plan is only "Corporate Rubbish" according to a well known scribe and football analyst in the S'Indo.
Dorcha will be fuming at that heretic comment on our hallowed turf........... :lol:
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:25 pm

I don't read any Dublin papers. Why should I? We have the best here in Cork. I've been on many forums of other counties and the verdict is always that the Examiner gives the best GAA coverage. If only they would get rid of the sports editor, it would be perfect.
leesider

Postby leesider » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:32 pm

Ranty wrote:I blame the step dancing on the opening day for the state of the Pairc. That blondie wan was digging huge holes with her high stepping. :lol:

You only noticed that because you were paying such close attention to her legs :D
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:22 pm

Kevin O'Donovan was on the news tonight being interviewed by Marty Morrissey. It looked like it was part of a longer interview, but the section they showed (they would) related the overrun on the cost of the pairc and how it's to be paid for. After saying that the pairc was supposed to pay for itself and indicating that any money coming off it would not be available to the clubs until the debt was paid (fair enough; we expected that), he went on to say as far as I can remember, "I wouldn't like to tie a levy to bricks and mortar, but at the end of the day, it's our debt."

If I recall correctly, the county board has said that there will be no levy on clubs to pay for the overrun.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:27 pm

Dorcha wrote:Kevin O'Donovan was on the news tonight being interviewed by Marty Morrissey. It looked like it was part of a longer interview, but the section they showed (they would) related the overrun on the cost of the pairc and how it's to be paid for. After saying that the pairc was supposed to pay for itself and indicating that any money coming off it would not be available to the clubs until the debt was paid (fair enough; we expected that), he went on to say as far as I can remember, "I wouldn't like to tie a levy to bricks and mortar, but at the end of the day, it's our debt."

If I recall correctly, the county board has said that there will be no levy on clubs to pay for the overrun.

Mr Bob Ryan said that the stadium would be built ON TIME and DEBT FREE. That man has lost all credibility.

I saw the news tonight and Kevin O D basically said that the club's will be levied. It's coming.
Thanks Frank and co

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”